Chapter 42

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG WHEN I TELL YOU TO!

Back to story

After that (Y/n) left without a trace, the other three were also gone. They all sat there, letting what they'd just been told sink in.

Before Obanai was the first to snap out of it, "She didn't answer my question, what did you mean?" He asked, getting annoyed with the lack of answers.

Kagaya sighed, "Well as stated before Muzan was the one who found her... though when he tried to turn her... something went wrong. Her festering hate for the world made her basically develop a second personality. That personality was the one you were just talking to, and the one who attacked Makomo and Sabito that night... is Hatorida Nashi. The kind personality, is the real (Y/n), though often times it is Hatorida that is in control... though not entirely. They reason (Y/n) hasn't massacred the entire world, is because though (Y/n) isn't entirely in control, neither is Hatorida. It's kind of like they're playing tug of war over who gets control of the body they share. It has been that way... for more than one thousand years." He answered solemnly. "And on nights where there are crescent moons, is when (Y/n) becomes powerless to Hatorida... though I never knew why."

Sanemi then stood up, and kicked the tree in the garden. He was pissed that this whole time they'd been oblivious to what has been going on around them. The others were equally as pissed, though tried to control it better, than lash out at a poor tree. Honesty they all were getting a migraine from the new information, and just wanted a peaceful moment.

"But we have other things to worry about..."

With (Y/n)

Hatorida Nashi talking: Bold
Hatorida Nashi inside head: bold and italic

(Y/n) could be seen sitting on the edge of a lake, staring at the water. Though she couldn't see anything, she knew exactly what was happening. Rui and them were scouting the perimeter, and killing whoever they came across.

(Y/n) was thinking back on the encounter she had with the others.

Her head was starting to hurt, "Calm down before you get a headache." They spoke up. (Y/n) sighed though then remembered something.

Flashback (play song)

Screams ripped through the once peaceful town, the thing that caused it was unmerciful. Their claws tore through villager after villager. Eventually they reached the orphanage, where they tried to force her after the incident.

They burst down the door, revealing the huddled up kids and orphanage helpers in a corner. (Y/n) tried to restrain herself, though her body wouldn't listen. It was like she was watching a movie, having no control, though being forced to watch everything going on. She felt so helpless, she kept trying to gain control, though she knew... they were stronger.

They slowly stalked towards the scared kids, the male villagers inside the orphanage bursting from their hiding spots. Their eyes darted to the men, having their pitchforks ready to stab them, though they were quicker. They grabbed each man, and tore off a limb, or threw them aside like a rag doll. Once all the men were taken care of, they took care of the women.

They were a lot easier, and at this point all the kids were crying into each other. Siblings hugged each other, trying to reassure the other they'd be fine, even though they didn't believe their own words. They knew what was coming for them... and there was nothing they could do.

They picked up a six year old who squirmed in her grasp, while the older brother cried, trying to get his sister back, "Please stop you're scaring me!"

"I can't help this awful energy!" (Y/n) thought, trying even harder before she massacred the whole town.

"God damn right you should be scared of me!" They snarled at the kids.

"Stop! Please!" (Y/n) internally begged them.

"Who is in control?"

After that everything was a blur... till they got tired and let (Y/n) be back in control.

(Y/n) was panting and holding onto her throat, which felt like it was closing up. She couldn't get over what she'd just done... (Y/n) looked at her hands, which now had claws for nails. They were bloodstained, same it's her fangs. She looked down on the ground, only to see the kids that she used to live alongside... dead.

Their words rang through her head, "Get a load of this monster! Can't believe she's resorted to such lengths! It's her fault-

She shook her head to try and clear her mind from their hurtful words... she didn't mean to. She just slipped...

(Y/n) then grabbed a rock, and then smashed it into her own head. She kept trying to bash her own head in, throng to repent for the sins she had committed.

"Stop." They commanded. (Y/n)'s body didn't listen to her, but rather them, and stopped.

"Please... stop. It's my fault they're dead!" She pleaded in her head. Though outside, her face looked blank and bored, totally ignoring the fact that she was covered in blood-

End of flashback

(Y/n)'s head was pounding from remembering the memory... so she forced it to the back of her mind.

"Just remember what our goal is."