Prolouge

(L/n) (Y/n) was known to be the kind, fun child in the village. The girl everyone got along with, the one that had no problems. The girl who always smiles, and is always happy.

If only they knew the truth behind that smile.

One day Urokodaki found a little girl wondering around a village. She was wearing a smile, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. She was wearing a simple purple yukata, along with a haori that had a wisteria design at the bottom. She had (h/c) hair and (e/c) eye, the other eye was hidden by her hair. It was late at night but she was just wandering.
"What are you doing out so late at night?" Urokodaki asked the little girl. She just looked up with blank eyes and with a smile on her face.
"I don't know, I just am." She answered. Urokodaki could sense something was odd about her.
"Where are your parents?" He asked.
"They're dead." She answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He was honestly confused by this girl, who is she?
"I see, well then, what's your name?" Urokodaki asked.
"(L/n) (Y/n) sir." She answered cooley. The smile she was wearing was starting to creep him out.
"Well would you like to come with me?" He asked.
She just shrugged, "Sure." He was dumbfounded by her answer, she didn't even ask questions.
He nodded, "Alright follow me." Urokodaki started running but not to fast, fast enough to where she could keep up. She easily did and sped past him, this made him confused.
"How is she doing that?" Urokodaki wondered. He then saw her breathing, she was using Total Concentration. This made him gasp, she was usuing it so easily, and she only seemed to be 12.
(Timeskip)
They reached Mount Sagiri in about 1 hour of running, the girl didn't even break a sweat. He noticed she was still using Total Concentration.
"So she had mastered Total Concentration Constant huh?" He was amazed by this. He led her into his house, it was currently late at night, and his other students should be asleep. They stepped inside and it was silent. (Y/n) simply sat down on the tatami floor silently.
"So have you been trained?" Urokodaki asked sitting in front of her, starting a fire.
"Yes and I already know about the demon slayer Corp." She answered curtly.
He nodded, "Would you like to join the Corp?"
"Ehh sure." She answered nonchalantly.
"She didn't even think about it." Urokodaki thought.
"You never told me, do you know how your parent died?" Urokodaki asked. (Y/n) just stayed silent, the ever omnipresent smile still on her face.
"That's a story for another time." She answered. "There's no use hiding you can come out."

Sabito's POV (a few moment ago)
I hear people coming in, I looked outside the shogi door. There is sensei with a girl, about my age, and she has this odd smile on her face. She kind of cute with her (e/c) eye and flowing (h/c) hair. Giyu and makomo are still asleep behind me, but I want to know more about her.
I listened to their conversation, so she already knows how use Total Concentration?
"There's no use hiding you can come out." The girl said.
End of Sabito's POV
The boy seemed startled by being heard, the girl didn't turn her head or anything. The boy came out and (Y/n) observed his features. He had big lavender eyes, a big scar, and salmon hair that went to his shoulders. He was wearing a cream haori with a yukata that had an intricate design tucked into his pants.
"What's your name?" (Y/n) asked.
"I could ask you the same thing." Sabito shot back.
"My name is (L/n) (Y/n)." (Y/n) answered.
"Well my name is Sabito." Sabito answered. He started to become less tense, seeing as she wasn't a threat. He gave her a kind smile, this seemed to surprise her. (Y/n)'s smile became genuine for a second, and her eye seemed to have a glimmer of kindness in it before disappearing. Her smile reverted back to the same blank one.
"Nice to meet you Sabito." (Y/n) said blankly. "You must be one of urokodaki's students, yes?"
"Yes I am, there are two others in the room back to there." Sabito answered. "May I ask something?"
"Sure go ahead." (Y/n) answered.
"Why do you wear a fake smile?" Sabito asked bluntly.
This seemed to shock her, and for once since he'd seen her her fake smile disappeared. It was replaced by a frown and a sad eye.
"You're very observant, it's true I always wear a fake smile. But how's not the time to tell why." (Y/n) answered. "But I'll tell you a bit of my past." This peaked both the other people in the room's interest. They both wanted to know about this girl. (Y/n) reached her hand up and moved her hair that was covering her other eye. Underneath was a big scar going over her left eye, the eye almost completely milky white, from the scar. It was clear she was blind until that eye, and I traveled down to her left nostril.
"I got this one day when I was in my house. I was with my parents and they both were angry that I had failed to finish my training. They both used to be hashira in the demon slayer Corp, and they wanted me to be one too. My mother was fed up with my incompetence and she drew her sword and slashed my eye. She claimed that if I failed them one more time, she would do my other eye next. I just bowed and said sorry, I was hiding the pain. Showing any pain in front of my parents, was seen as weakness. Honestly it didn't hurt a lot, I just felt a slight sting on my face." (Y/n) explained. This broke both of their hearts, she had been through so much. "They didn't stop there either, they kept training me till I would pass out, or until I could no longer move in general. My time with my parents taught me a lot of things." (Y/n) finished, she'd said this whole story with no expression.
"What was the most important one?" Sabito asked. Sabito was wondering why he felt so angry when he heard they'd hurt her like that. Like he had an urge to protect her, and make sure nothing else hurt her. But he brushed it off... for now.
"Well I learned to never listen to your heart, it only causes trouble." (Y/n) answered.
This made both peoples eyes widened, they both were shocked. What exactly had she been through?
"After all, who needs a heart, when a heart can be broken?"