Chapter 28

Tanjiro observed each of the 13 people in front of him.

"There is no need for a trial! Carrying a demon is clearly against the rules!" The Flame Pillar said smiling.

"But we must do it flamboyantly!" The Sound Pillar chimed in.

"What an impure child... we must take care of them immediately." The Stone Pillar said softly.

"What is that cloud called again?" Muichiro muttered to himself. He couldn't care less what was going on, for (Y/n) wasn't present.

Yuichiro just looked in disgust at Tanjiro, "Why do we even grant a trail? Let's just kill him."

"I for one would like to hear an explanation from the boy himself." The Flower Pillar said looking down at Tanjiro.

"I don't think so nee-San." The Insect Pillar muttered.

"Nezuko... where is Nezuko?!?! And Murata... Inosuke... and Zenitsu?" Tanjiro asked frantically looking  around.

"Oí! When a hashira asks you a question you answer!" Gotou the kakushi scolded him.

"I-I- Tanjiro was cut off by his own coughing. Then Kanae bent down to give him some water.

"Pleasd be careful, it seems you've broken your jaw." Kanae said gently. Shinobu just glared at Tanjiro, knowing how he had taken a liking to (Y/n)...

"This is my sister! She's never eaten a human! I became a demon slayer to change her back!" Tanjiro said quickly.

"This story is taking a very un-flamboyant turn for the worst. Give us something more than lip service!" Uzui yelled.

"I-I have some concerns that (Y/n)-sama and Oyakata-sama haven't quite grasped the situation." The newly appointed Love Pillar fidgeted.

"What about Tomioka-san, Kocho-San said he broke the rules too. It's giving me a head ache seeing him without restraints." The Serpent Pillar said.

The three water pillars stayed silent, standing away from the rest of the pillars. Though Sabito gave Giyu a questioning look.

"What a load of bullshit." A voice said. They looked and saw the Wind Pillar holding the box that held Nezuko and Rui.

"Please Shinazugawa-sama! Please set the box down!" A kakushi begged. Though she knew she couldn't touch a hashira, more over the wind pillar.

"Please do not act out on your own Shinazugawa-San." Shinobu scowled. Kanae didn't interfere, because she too was a little peeved with the Wind Pillar.

Sanemi then stabbed the box through Nezuko and Rui's shoulder's making both demon's grunt.

"NO! HOW DARE YOU STAB THEM! NO MATTER PILLAR OR NOT! I WILL NOT LET YOU STAB THEM!" Tanjiro yelled running towards Sanemi.

"Stop (Y/n)-sama and Oyakata-sama are coming!" Giyu said trying to stop the fight.

Sanemi flinched hearing (Y/n)'s name, and looked at the engawa. Tanjiro then brought down his huge forehead on Sanemi, making his nose bleed.

"I'LL RIP YOU TO SHREDS!" Sanemi yelled, pissed from being hit by Tanjiro.

"The masters have arrived." Two voice said in sync. All of a sudden, all of the pillars were kneeling in respect towards both leaders.

"Hello (Y/n)-sama, Oyakata-sama I pray for good fortune and luck for you." Sanemi said respectfully.

"He was being a total jerk before... now it's like he's speaking to Kami-sama themself." Tanjiro thought to himself. Next thing he knew, his head was being shoved forcefully in the pebbles.