Chapter 38

"What do you mean?" Kagaya asked, his voice slightly edgy. Muichiro and Yuichiro observed Kagaya, they could clearly tell he was hiding something.

"Something tells me you know what we mean." Yuichiro spoke, his voice cold. Usually he would never speak to Kagaya like this, though he wanted to know what was going on.

Kagaya took a deep breath to collect himself, "I assure you I don't." He persisted. Muichiro and Yuichiro were getting impatient.

"Then explain this." Muichiro growled, throwing a notebook in front of Kagaya. Kagaya picked it up... and he recognized the feeling of the object anywhere.

"Where did you get this?" He asked seriously.

Flashback

"None of your concern." (Y/n) answered flatly.

They seemed to get more angry hearing this, "The plan won't work now..." (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at them... analyzing them.

"Well good luck!" Makomo said with an angry smile. (Y/n) didn't stop narrowing her eyes though, she was trying to see what was really underneath those smiles. Because kami-sama knows it's not just anger... After a while (Y/n) hummed and got up from the rock. She then felt something being tugged from her back.

She didn't notice something fell out...

(Look back in previous chapters, you'll find this interaction)

Timeskip to before the talk to Kagaya

"Why did you call us here?" Yuichiro asked annoyed at the two in front of him. Him and Muichiro had been pulled in here by two of the trio of idiots.

"Have you noticed something odd about (Y/n)-sama?" Sabito didn't beat around the bush.

Yuichiro and Muichiro looked at him odd, "What do you mean?" Muichiro asked skeptically.

"Well... a while ago, before (Y/n) left for her big mission... we found something." Makomo said slowly. They were intrigued by this, and nodded their heads for them to continue. "It's very clear... something isn't right."

She then proceeded to explain how they got the notebook, "And what fell out, was this notebook. Though it got wet from the hot spring." Sabito explained.

They took out an old looking notebook, which had obviously been taken care of, though it still looked raggedy.

"What is this?" Yuichiro asked skeptically.

"Looks inside, specifically the 2nd page." Makomo said eerily. They were skeptical, though picked it up and opened it.

Present

Yuichiro took the notebook from Kagaya, "Now I'm guessing you've read this before?"

Kagaya tried to play dumb, "I'm blind, how could I have done that?" He asked.

Muichiro shook his head, "Oh no, we know you've known (Y/n) for far longer than when she was training. Well not you specifically... but the entire Ubuyashiki Family. So we know you've seen this notebook before, much before you went blind." Muichiro tried to force him to say the truth out loud.

Kagaya was visibly getting nervous, "And what was it you read in this notebook?" He asked, knowing their answer.

They opened it to the second page...

Log #2
(L/n) (Y/n)

Now this wasn't the odd part, it was what was written on the top left corner...

Heian Era

The web is unraveling :3