Chapter 28

Cole was gone. Just like his sister, killed by the dybbuk. We couldn't do anything. We couldn't save either of them. God knows how ashamed we feel, such bad friends we are, Cole and Serena deserved better.

"Should we....leave? With his body?" Taehyung asked. "Mhmm." Jimin hummed. The boys carried his body and me and Rachael grabbed our stuff and left the cabin. Clyde said he will come later. He had to do something in the cabin. He confessed that he will turn himself in to the police about Serena and Cole's death. He also said he will go to a mental institution, all this dybbuk thing made him depressed and his mental health was deteriorating.

We told him not to do anything like that, but how would we explain the dybbuk thing to the police..? They'll think we kids are stupid.

"How high up are we?" Rachael mumbled. "Put it this way. If it rains, we'll be the first one to know." I replied. She grinned as we started our journey back to our homes. An hour passed and we had completed half the path. Jungkook and Taehyung were getting tired
because of carrying his body.

So me and Rachael insisted in carrying the body in turns. So did Jimin. We did as we said, taking turns to carry his body. Jungkook was so silent. I'd never seen him so silent. Sure, he doesn't talk much but today, he is extremely silent. Nobody talked much as we were reaching down.

None of this felt real. The shock had swallowed us, taking in each and every cell of our bodies. Persuading us to believe that all this was real. We all refused, carrying his body made me believe that he will open his eyes at any second. He is just playing with us, teasing us.

He is alive.
No, he's not.
Yes, he is.
Can't you see him? How lifeless.

The two parts of my mind were disputing between each other. I didn't know which one to believe.

One more hour passed and we were finally back on the road. Tired as hell. We didn't know where to put the body for the time being, we needed rest. We needed to stop at a restaurant or something. We'd been walking for a long time. But how would we hide the body? We couldn't enter a cafè with a big bag carrying a dead human.

We were sitting at a ground, a few yards away from the hill, waiting for Clyde. He texted us that he's coming and told us to wait. I started playing with the grass on the ground, pulling it out. Our group which has always been up to something and having fun was now sitting in a ground, late in the evening with a corpse, waiting for a friend.

How fast can life change, we all knew the best about it.

Clyde eventually came, with a big car. "Hi, guys. I'm gonna take the body to the police and surrender. You all can go home and rest. All this must've been very shocking for y'all." Clyde said with a big fake smile plastered on his face.

"Are you sure about this? You'll spend your some of the adult years in jail, you know that right?" Jungkook finally spoke.

"Yes, I'm sure. There was nothing I could've actually done with my life anyways. Rotting in jail is better than living a life like mine."

We decided not to comment anything at that statement as he took the body and drove to the police station. We'll soon see ourselves at police station too for the questioning.

Walking to our favourite cafè again, 'Déjà Brew', made me feel a bit happy. But the happiness was short lived when I thought that our iconic six seated table will be missing a person. The bell chimed as we walked in, sorrow written on our faces.

We sat down, as a girl in her teens with a yellow notepad approached us, ready to take our order. "What can I get you?" She asked benevolently. We ordered our drinks and waited for them to come.