Chapter 23

We all were following Clyde very silently, trying not to make a sound. Small leaves crunched beneath our shoes as we walked and finally we reached the place I never desired to come back at.

That cemetery looking place with a big cliff.

Clyde was way ahead of us. So he wasn't suspecting anything as he had already started climbing the mountain. "Okay, guys. This is where the real adventure or mission you can say, starts." I reminded everyone. "Running with the devil is so much more fun." Jimin huffed and we all fixed our clothes so that we could start the hike.

Everyone started doing stretches which made Cole perplexed. "Guys, it's just a hike. Stop overreacting." Cole said. "Cool down, bro." Jungkook spoke.

"Let's do this." Rachel said and we all put our hands together and started the hike.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

"This is my life. I have climbed this hill and now I will die upon it." Jimin said and let out a sigh. "Shut up. We've only been hiking for 20 minutes." Jungkook scoffed. "What exactly is this place?" Taehyung asked. "I have no idea. Why does he even live here? How does he buy groceries and all?" I said as I wiped some sweat from my forehead.

"Did you bring us here to die?" Cole asked. "Obviously." I said. "I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not." Cole replied and I just shook my head.

Minutes passed by and we got no sign of a residence. "Okay, seriously. What's happening Y/N?" Cole asked as he stopped making everyone stop in their tracks too. "What do you mean?" I asked with a questioning look on my face.

"Is this a prank? We've been climbing for an hour and nothing has happened." Cole stated as he dropped his bag on the side. "Wait...what? You think I'm doing this just for fun? To make a fool of you guys? Why would I do that?! I'm just here to find your sister." I spoke with disbelief at his words.

"What if it's not Clyde who took her? What if it's you? And you're just hiding it from us and blaming an innocent!" Cole demanded and everyone manifested signs of shock by the way he was acting.

"Cole! Seriously? Do you even hear yourself? You saw those pictures with your own eyes! He was the one in the photo holding a camera! I told you about the tattoos too. Isn't that enough for you to believe it's Clyde?" I spoke as my anger was reaching its peak.

I was trying to help him and this is what I get? Mistreatment and disrespect?

"Just stop it Cole." Jungkook murmured. "We will do it. We will find his house, okay?" Rachael reassured but it didn't seem to work. "Just drop the act Y/N. Everyone knows what you are doing." Cole said with an angry expression.

"I-". Before I could finish my sentence Taehyung came and grabbed Cole's collar. "Enough is enough okay? We all volunteered to help you find your sister, knowing that we are putting our life in intense danger. You should be grateful, douche." Taehyung said through gritted teeth.

"Taehyung, it's okay. Leave him." I mumbled and Taehyung left his collar. But then Cole scoffed and then BAM.

Taehyung punched him in the face. "GUYS! Stop it. If we fight we will never be able to find Serena. Please, if not for yourself then at least stop fighting for her sake. There are two ways this will shake out. Either we fight each other and this all falls apart or we work together and turn Clyde's life miserable for ruining Serena's life." Rachael advised and everyone went silent.

Taehyung left Cole and came to my side putting an arm around my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "It's okay. He will not say you anything anymore."

"G-Guys, look." Jimin said and pointed towards a big cabin which had an eerie look to it. We all pulled expressions of happiness and started walking towards it.

As we were approaching the cabin, we saw something horrific. "I-Is that a cemetery?" Rachael asked as her lips trembled in fear. "Who in their right mind would live near a cemetery?" Taehyung asked as murder of crows came flying toward us. [ A/N: A group of crows is known as a murder. Pretty funny, right? XD]

We all bent down on the ground and put our arms over our head as a shield. I felt Taehyung's body covering mine so that the crows couldn't harm me. He's lovely.

When they finally left we all stood up and straightened our clothes. "Oh crap. We have to go through this cemetery to reach the cabin." I said and let out an exasperated sigh.

Jimin opened the gate with god knows a million spider webs on it and we entered the house of dead people.

The cemetery is a jumble of stones, as if the burial places were chosen by throwing the shovel in the air and digging where it landed. They sit at jaunty angles to one another, no two of them the same shape or size. The only thing that ties them together is their age, all of them over a century...

The cemetery whispers under the sallow moon, a frigid wind rustling newly browned leaves, each of them becoming more crisp. All that is left of the fine people of this cemetery is the decrepit stones. Under the soil is nothing but more soil, even bones don't last that long in the damp ground. Yet still this place is nowhere to be after nightfall. No-one comes here who means any good, so I supposed it is empty almost every dusk 'til dawn, it puts the chills on even the toughest of folks.

We were moving swiftly in the cemetery so that we could pass it as soon as possible. No one comes to the cemetery just like that. People come to give their consoles to their beloved ones who were once on this earth, happy or sad.

Time passed by and we were finally out of the cemetery when we saw something horrendous. "I-Is that a d-dead body?" Jungkook stuttered. "Umm it was a cemetery we just passed through. Duh." Jimin spoke sarcastically. "But then why is it outside? Why isn't it buried under the ground?" Jungkook asked and no one decided to answer his question.

Jimin simply rolled his eyes and right after that we heard him yelp in pain. "JUNGKOOK! Did you really have to kick me with a corpse's leg? Was that really necessary?" Jimin yelled at him. "Necessarily, no. Hilariously, yes." Jungkook spoke with a grin on his face.

We all just chuckled at their childish behaviour and approached the cabin's door. My heart was thumping so loudly that I thought it would come out any second.

Cole stepped forward and knocked at the door with trembling hands and quickly moved aside.

Silence.

To say that we were all freaked out after not receiving a response was an understatement. Taehyung, showing his bravery moved towards the door and opened it. Fortunately, it wasn't locked.

Taehyung entered inside and we were waiting outside for his approval. "Come." He said and beckoned us to come in. It felt like this house was centuries old. This house outlasted us only because it's made of concrete. Floor, roof, ceiling. Only one of four glass windows were remaining, wavy and yellowed. There was no sign of plumbing and electricity, but the fireplace was still working and there was a woodpile in the corner.

"Fortunately, this house doesn't have worms." Rachel said and smiled to herself. Everyone turned their gaze to her with expressions of 'seriously?'. "What?" She asked. "Never mind." I said and we continued searching for Clyde. It was a pretty big house so we all split in pairs.

Me with Taehyung, Jimin and Rachael (of course) and Jungkook and Cole. Me and Taehyung were assigned the upper floor of the cabin and we started climbing the stairs which let out a creak with every step we took.

As we were looking around the house I suddenly felt excruciating pain on the back of my head as if someone was pulling my hair so much that they were coming out and digging their nails into my skull. Everything went silent and my surroundings were becoming blurry. My legs weren't able to hold my weight anymore and my body dropped to my knees and then everything went black.

彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡