Tsuki's Decision

"Tsuki... I love you."

Asahi's face was blushing red as Tsuki was frozen, unable to respond to Asahi's confession, a million thoughts going through her head.

"Why...?"  Tsuki thought with fear in her mind, as a singular image flashed in her head.

"A-chan...?" Asahi looked up as Tsuki had the same look on her face again. That worried look where she didn't know how to answer him. Asahi seemed to have understood her answer as he forced a smile on his face and he turned around, making Tsuki unable to see his face.

"Sorry, sorry! I was feeling kind of stressed these past few days, so I skipped out on a lot of things huh?" Asahi laughed as his blush slowly faded away.

"You shouldn't joke around like that A-chan! I almost believed that confession you know." Tsuki nervously laughed along, playing along.

"Sorry, you've just seen me pathetic a lot. But... I understand everything now." Asahi chuckled.

"Understand everything? What do you mean by that?" Tsuki asked, tilting her head slightly.

"I've bothered you too much with all my complaining and nagging, on top of staying over at your place the past few years, but I finally figured out how to take care of everything." Asahi smiled as he stretched from his position.

"Really?! I told you you can do it if you tried!" Tsuki clapped her hands with a smile.

"All kinds of experiences and encounters have brought me here, but I've had the answer for the longest time..." Asahi turned to Tsuki as he smiled. "I've decided Tsuki..."

"I'm going to go back to America."

There was another long silence as Tsuki looked to Asahi with a confused look. "...Are you joking right now A-chan...?" Tsuki asked. "What's going on...? I don't understand what you're trying to say anymore.."

"I'm going to leave Japan and go back to America." Asahi answered. "Maybe I should go back to New York, or go to Seoul to check on Aeri.. or even Camille in Taiwan."

"A-chan...?"

"Or maybe go to Los Angeles since I don't like the snow.. but the hot weather as well... maybe San Francisco would be better." Asahi started rambling as he had a smile on his face, pointing a finger up. 

"Well.. this is a last second decision of course... but it should be better for both of us. Oh, maybe I can meet up with Soma-kun abroad and join-"

"A-chan!" Tsuki raised her voice to get Asahi's attention before softening it. "...Why are you speaking as if... this is a goodbye? Are you going somewhere for a business trip for your research? Haven't you finished your project for the Nakiri family? What's going on? You're confusing me."

"...That's not what this is, Tsuki." Asahi said as he frowned. "Just like how you have hid a lot of things from your friends...This is what I didn't want you, my closest person, to know about."

"The project's idea wasn't bad, since we had talented people like Hayama-kun and Blake and Aoi. If anything, those three were able to help me speed things up." Asahi explained before shaking his head.

"It's just... there's nothing I can... or want to do in Japan anymore, even if I were to be able to get into the Nakiri family, I'd be just as powerless and looked down upon like an outsider. Just because I'm that man's child."

"That's what I figured out... so I wanted to help you first fully... before I go back to America. I can't stay here, it's going to hurt you." Asahi chuckled bitterly. "Everyone in the branch Nakiri family, except for Erina-chan, Mana-sama and Senzaemon-sama.... has been talking about me behind my back."