A Blessed Curse

"Tsuki are you alright?" Asahi asked when he stopped by Yukihira's. He was observing Tsuki for a few minutes already and noticed how restless she seemed to be, looking up to see around her surroundings before looking back down. 

"You seem a bit more restless than usual today. Is Joichiro or Soma-kun coming back or something?"

"It's nothing." Tsuki shook her head, looking out the window. "Papa or Soma didn't tell me anything."

"Tsuki.." Asahi reached down as he held Tsuki's hand. "If you're in trouble, just tell me. You're... special to me. I'm worried about you. I'm all grown up now. I'm not like the A-chan from back then." Asahi smiled. "I'll make sure to protect you."

After a slight pause, Tsuki looked at Asahi's face which was stricken with worry before looking down to her hands that he was gently holding onto them... like she was something fragile, to be taken with care. He was right after all... she shouldn't have to hold in any thoughts. 

This was A-chan after all.

"Yeah..." Tsuki nodded. "There is one thing. I feel like... someone's stalking me." Tsuki quietly spoke before she started waving her hands. "B-but I'm probably just imagining it!"

"Are you sure?" Asahi asked. "You're cute so you have to be careful. You are well known... because of the World Pastry Cup. But there was also that incident back in your second year when you rejected that guy back then. What if it's one of your fans?"

"I'm worried about you A-chan." Tsuki smiled back to her friend. "You're the winner of BLUE and on top of that you're just as harsh as Soma or Papa. You should worry about yourself."

"It's because you're a girl!" Asahi rebutted. "I can look out for myself just fine. It'll be like having a bodyguard."

"Will it?" Tsuki looked teasingly to her friend.

"I'm still worried about you, so be careful." Asahi frowned. "I'll watch your location from time to time to make sure you're safe. Please be careful heading out, especially at night."

"You should head to work A-chan! You're going to be late if you don't leave you know." Tsuki exclaimed as she grabbed the man's things and pushed him out of the door. "Have a good day at work!"

"Tsuki!!" Asahi pouted. "I'll be late for tonight's dinner. So just eat without me for now. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Alright! Have a nice day!" Tsuki waved as she watched Asahi force a smile, still worried about what Tsuki had said, driving away to work.

Tsuki spend the day managing the restaurant, making sure to clean up as she went to the shopping district to buy some ingredients... only to buy too much. "Hmm... today's sale was too tempting." Tsuki sighed. "Maybe I'll take the shortcut on the way home."

Tsuki ducked into a dark alley as she took out her phone to call Asahi to see when he would be arriving to Yukihira's. As she passed a lamp post on the empty street, from the reflection on her phone screen, she could see a dark shadow staring at her. 

Tsuki's eyes widened as she started running back to Yukihira's before locking the door, making sure everything was closed before she called Asahi.

"Tsuki? I'm almost there to Yukihira's what's-"

"Someone's following me A-chan." Tsuki quickly said. "I saw someone staring at me in the alleyway when and I ran away..."

"Where are you?"

"Yukihira's.... everything's locked right now..." Tsuki slowly spoke.

"Alright. I'll look around when I'm there to see if there's anyone suspicious and then I'll call and knock on the door so you know it's me ok?" Asahi tried to calm down Tsuki.