Sweets Trap

Now May had come around, Tsukasa had been busy with more work, since many restaurants wanted a chance to hire the first seat, leaving Tsuki and Asahi together alone more often in Yukihira. 

Tsuki was sweeping the outside of Yukihira's as Asahi had just arrived to Yukihira from his apartment. "Morning Tsuki." Asahi greeted as Tsuki smiled.

"...Good morning A-chan." Tsuki smiled as Asahi was carrying a large box. "I finished cleaning the inside of the restaurant already so we can just prep for opening. What're you carrying A-chan?"

"Speaking of which, we haven't seen Tsukasa-kun around." Asahi noted as he shifted his weight of the box. Tsuki opened the door for Asahi as he entered. 

"Well... it turns out, Aeri sent me these from Korea. They're strawberries and since I thought I can't eat all of them... I thought I'd bring them over so we can use them for Yukihira's or you can have some for yourself."

"Yeah well... he is busy, he has a lot of job offers so he can't afford to help out all the time. I'm already grateful enough that he helps whenever he's free." Tsuki took a bite of one of the strawberries as her eyes started sparkling. "These are delicious!"

"I know right?" Asahi smiled. "I already had a few when I got them in the mail. Think you can make something out of these?"

"Mhm!" Tsuki nodded. "We can think up ideas after closing, for now let's prep the ingredients... for today's special what do we think about a minced meat cutlet?"

"Sounds good to me." Asahi nodded with a smile before his smile curved into a frown.

Tsuki was pretending like nothing had happened a few days before.... when he had asked the girl for her reason. 

So... it seemed only right for him to do the same.

After opening, Tsuki was inside the kitchen when Asahi peeked inside the kitchen. "Tsuki, one sencha cheesecake, please." Asahi said. "And one strawberry smoothie."

"Got it." Tsuki nodded as she prepared the garnish for the sencha white chocolate cheesecake and the strawberries. "Oh, A-chan we're on our last sencha cheesecake for the day." Tsuki informed. "If anyone asks for the sencha white tell them we're out."

"Got it." Asahi nodded as Tsuki prepared her dessert and was ready to serve it to the customer. 

"Heading off now." Tsuki set down the dessert in front of the customer.

"Excuse me." one of the customers raised her hands.

"Coming!" Tsuki turned around and headed over to the customer.

"May I have a sencha cheesecake and a house blend?" the customer asked with a smile on her face.

"Coming up." Tsuki nodded.

"Excuse me!" another customer with a child raised their hands as Tsuki walked over. "I'd like a house blend tea and a strawberry smoothie as well as a sencha cheesecake."

"Ah... we just sold out of matcha white today." Tsuki apologized.

"Awh, you don't have the cheesecake?" the child complained. 

"Well... we can't do much about it. Let's have something else." the child's mother sighed as the child pouted towards their mother.

"Um... if you'd like, you can have my sencha cheesecake." the customer who had placed the order for the original matcha white smiled. "Can I change my order to the chef's special?"

"Are you sure?" the child's mother asked, shocked that the woman would cancel her order.

"Don't worry about it." the woman assured. "I was having a hard time deciding between something sweet or savory."