Summer Romance

The trio was now back at the Polar Star Dorm as Megumi dug around for all the books she had about spices as they all reassembled in the kitchen. Tsuki was happily eating her sweets that Joichiro had made for her as Soma was looking at the books Megumi had brought before he looked back to his sister.

"You really can eat a lot huh Tsu?" Soma teased his younger sister who jumped up from her seat.

" I have a fast metabolism and I exercise so I don't have to worry about weight gain fufufu~" Tsuki smiled as she continued eating the delicious sweets and squealing from deliciousness.

"Hahaha, Tsuki-chan is normally so composed and calm but in front of good food she acts just like a normal person." Megumi nervously laughed.

"Thats Tsu for you." Soma laughed. "I don't mind it though, as long as another guy does it in hopes of getting with my sister." A dark aura could be seen as Tsuki karate chopped Soma's head.

"Megumi-chan did you learn anything about spices?" Tsuki smiled to the blunette as Soma winced from the pain.

"Umm spices have many definitions and there are many types of curry dishes as well." Megumi tried to explain to Soma, who was looking more confused.

"Think about it like this nii nii, if you put curry powder on a finished dish, that does make it "curry-flavored" but essentially not a "curry dish". " Tsuki explained as Soma seemed to understand.

"Oh, so they're telling us that we have to make a curry dish that showcases the spices right?" Soma guessed as Tsuki made a ding dong noise.

"Ding ding correct!" Tsuki smiled to her older brother. "But it's harder than you think, normal curries use about 40 different spices and you blend about 10-20 of them... or you can use different ways to prepare the spices such as roasting them-" Tsuki tried to explain the different combinations until Megumi's brain exploded.

"A-ah" Megumi went white as Tsuki placed a chair behind the girl letting her rest.

"Sorry Megumi-chan... I didn't mean to overwhelm you like this." Tsuki apologized.

"N-no it's fine... I'm just a bit worried about Soma-kun going against someone that amazing in the A Block." Megumi explained. "We have to study spices... to beat Hayama.. b-but we only have one month...!"

Tsuki sighed as she looked to her brother. "Hey nii nii remember that time papa left you to make the new dish?"

Soma chuckled as he reminisced with his sister. "Yeah, when we were in our last year of primary school he left us to create a new dish for the restaurant. You were flustered the most that you ended up creating something that made it to our top 10 bad list."

Megumi looked at the two in shock, trying to understand what they meant.

"What we're trying to say Megumi-chan is that don't worry on catching up to others. You're never going to create a good dish that way."

"For me, losing at this point in time isn't a problem at all." Soma explained as he crossed his arms with a smile. "If I can't back down then.."

"Accept it and push forward." the twins said simultaneously, as Megumi stared at them as she finally got the courage she needed to push forward.

"I'll be seeing you in the B block anyways Megumi-chan. I'm looking forward to see the Hopping Hare of Tohoku become something more~" Tsuki expected a lot from Megumi. "Of course spices are important... but personally I think there's more to this theme than meets the eye."

Shortly after that, Tsuki, Megumi and Soma soon got to work on trying to build up a curry dish. Sometimes they worked together on a good spice mix but majority of the time, they worked alone. Even as Megumi left to go back home for O-bon, Tsuki and Soma remained at the Polar Star Dorm, putting the remaining touches on their dishes. A few days before the Autumn Elections were to begin, Tsuki received a phone call early in the morning.