Chapter 19

Draco's POV

I woke up to the cries of Scorpius who was moving around in his little bed. I stood up, smiling at the groans that escaped Harry who quickly buried his head in the pillows to muffle the cries and I made my way to our baby. Our baby. I bit my lip to try and stop the goofy smile that was threatening to spread on my face. I was so happy. I hovered over the bed and smiled at him.

"There, there, calm down sweatheart" I whispered to not wake Harry up since he seemed to have already fallen back in dreamland and I took Scorpius in my arms. I rocked him gently as I walked around the room a bit before thinking that he was maybe hungry and so I walked out of the bedroom quietly and went downstairs to call a house elf. "Could you prehaps prepare a bottle of milk for him?" I asked as I gestured to the crying little one in my arms. The elf nodded with a smile before leaving to prepare the bottle. "Shh it'll only take a minute" I tried to shush him but failed as he cried even more. I sighed and walked slowly around the room, waiting for the elf to come back.

"Here, Mr Malfoy" the elf said as she came back in the common room and handed me the bottle of warm milk while smiling widely at Scorpius.

"Thank you" I replied and she nodded. I could see that she had a hard time taking her eyes off of my son, looking at him like he was the most precious thing in the world. It was kind of adorable to be honest. "Do you want to help me? I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest." I said and she nodded as she bounced on her feet happily. I chuckled and sat down on the couch with her next to me. She looked quite old and I was curious so I asked her if she had any children of her own.

"No, Mr Malfoy" she said as she shook her head sadly "But I had a Master once and he and his wife had a lot of children and I used to help take care of them." she said with a big smile again.

"So you know how to do all this?" I said, nodding towards Scorpius who was happily drinking his milk and had stopped crying. She noddded again. "Would you mind helping me and take care of him while I'm in class?" I asked and I could see how happy she was at the request but something was clearly bothering her.

"I can't do it unless the Headmistress of the school gives Inora permission" she said and finally I knew her name.

"It's alright I'll ask her" I said and she smiled again. She seemed like a very open and happy elf. It was surprising as most of them weren't like that. We talked for a while as Scorpius was going back to sleep and she left after I told her I'll make sure to ask permission for her to look after Scorpius. I walked back to the bedroom, putting Scorpius back in his crib and sat down next to Harry. "Love" I said while shaking him awake.

"Hmm" he groaned in return.

"It's nearly dinner time" I said and he opened his eyes, looking at me.

"I'm tired" he whined.

"I know but you and I need to eat" I replied, rubbing my stomach as I could already hear it growl in hunger.

"Fine" he said and sat up before walking to Scorpius's bed. "We can't leave him here alone but we can't take him to the Great Hall, it's too loud there." he said while brushing a finger over his cheek softly. I stood up and walked to him.

"I know but we don't have any other choice at the moment" I said and he took Scorpius in his arms carefully to not wake him up and wrapped a soft and fluffy blanket around him so that he wouldn't be cold. We left the dorm and walked slowly to the Great Hall, watching as Scorpius slowly woke up and looked around as we walked. His green and silver eyes looking at everything that we passed by, smiling at nothing from time to time. We observed his every move in awe, completely in admiration in front of the little boy. We stopped near the big doors and Harry gave me Scorpius.