Chapter 1

Harry's POV

I was currently standing in the second bedroom belonging to Dudley at the Dursleys. The summer had started only a month ago and I was already fed up with them. How could anyone on earth be that self-centred? And it was like they didn't know, when in reality they just didn't care. I wouldn't even be surprised if they were actually feeding off of the hurt showing on my face each time they mentioned my parents or when they were just bluntly rude.

But that was the problem this summer. The war changed me and I wasn't sure if it was for the better or not. Their insults did not hurt as much as they used to, I stopped caring about Vernon scolding me for nothing, I started slowly fighting back when he would beat me up for breathing. I wanted to be another person. Or did I want to be the real me? The me that nobody would have liked as a friend? The me that actually liked trouble and breaking the rules?

Maybe I had realized how I could have died without ever having been myself once. And maybe I was sick of it. That was why I had slowly started to change my appearance to my liking, completely ignoring the Dursleys horrified looks when they saw my new wardrobe and my new haircut which consited of an buzz cut on the sides and behind my head while the rest of my hair fell on one side of my forehead. (a/n: Reference at the top for both the haircut and his clothing style) I finally changed my broken glasses to some thicker black ones that I really liked.

Today's changes were piercings on the side of my left ear as well as a lip piercing that stood on the right side of my bottom lip, as well as tattoos. I had tattoos on the side of my neck that ended on my collarbone, tattoos on my hands, forearms and ribs on the right side. I knew that it would be a lot and I had kind of slightly hesitatedon getting them all at the same time but said fuck it at the last minute. And I had to admit I was living for it.

I had entered the house and immediately heard their voices coming from the living room. I had tiptoed all the way upstairs to Dudley's second bedroom -that they refused to admit was now mine- and so here was I, standing there. The piercings and tattoos were burning as they were fresh but I had to suck it up and deal with the pain for now.

"Come downstrairs immediately," Vernon shouted at me when he must've noticed my shoes at the bottom of the stairs. "Don't make me drag you down, boy"

I sighed and went downstairs, ready for an hour long shouted speech about how horrible I looked and how disgusting I was and blablabla. I stepped inside the kitchen and silence fell into the room.

"What did you do?" Vernon shouted, his face had never been this red. "What is all this shit on your body? Better be washed off by tonight or there will be serious consequences" he yelled "Don't test me"

I raised a challenging brow at him and snickered before looking towards Petunia when she dropped the teacup she had in her hand, smashing it on the ground, the noise snapping her out of her stupor.

"Vernon" she cried out "Look at him. Just look at him." she said as her eyes stared at every visible inch of my skin. "He's a delinquent, he's going to destroy our reputation."

Of course, that was what was really important. Their reputation. Like they ever had one to begin with. Dudley was staring blankly at me and a weird glint flashed in his eyes but I wasn't able to pinpoint what it was. He blinked a few times, looked at me up and down before noticing I was watching him and he quickly diverted his eyes to the ground with a blush on his cheeks. What was that? Was he checking me out? Please let it be something else. I thought, disgusted at the thought of him lusting over me. I shuddered and looked back to Vernon and Petunia who had started arguing about what to do with me and my 'horrendous attitude'.