Chapter 9

Draco's POV

I was happily laughing at Blaise's horrible quidditch jokes, knowing perfectly well that Harry was here and was already feeling jealous but I ignored it as I wasn't going to stop seeing my friends because he didn't trust me enough. I was aware that his wolf instincts played a huge part in his emotions, especially when it came to jalousie, anger or possessiveness. Blaise left soon enough to finish some last minute assignment he had to do and I finished my breakfast peacefully.

"Harry" I looked up when I heard the shouts of Hermione, calling after a running Harry. I frowned and thought that I was the reason of it so I quickly got up and ran after him, ignoring the glares she sent my way when I passed by her and looked around the castle for my boyfriend. A weird feeling suddenly rushed through me, I stood there confused for a minute before realizing that it was the bond and that something wasn't right with Harry. I ran faster, looking in every direction before spotting him on a bench near the quidditch pitch. I walked to him and silently sat down next to him. I took his hand in mine and rubbed it softly in a comforting manner.

"What's wrong, Love?" I asked and he started crying. I looked at him with wide eyes and I immediately embraced him, stroking his hair as we rock back and forth slowly. "Talk to me, Harry. Is it because of me?" I asked and I felt him shake his head against my neck.

"He's coming back." he said once he had calmed down a bit.

"Who?" I asked and he wiped the tears that were still on his cheeks, sniffling.

"Cedric," he whispered and dread flooded my senses. "And I don't know what to do or how I'm going to react when I see him."

"Oh" I said quietly, my body tensing a bit and he sat up, looking at me with a frown when he felt the shift of behavior. He needed to take only one look at my face to see right through me and he put his hand on my cheek.

"You don't need to worry about him, darling" he said and I blushed at the pet name. "I won't go back to him, especially after the way he treated me. It's just that when Hermione told me he was coming back here, I remembered the things he told me and I don't know if I'm going to be able to hold myself back or if I'll punch his face when I see him again." he chuckled, kissing my forehead reassuringly "Don't worry, I only love you" he whispered and my heart stopped. I looked at him with wide eyes, my heart beating extremely fast and a rush of butterflies flooded my stomach before I jumped on him and kissed him.

"I love you too" I said smiling like never before "I love you, I love you" I repeated between small kisses on his cheeks. He laughed and hugged me. We stayed like this for a while not talking and just enjoying the warmth and love we felt while holding each other before eventually pulling away.

"I don't want to see him" he said, looking down. I was about to respond when I saw a guy looking at us suspiciously as we were sitting quite closely. The whole castle knew we were friends and even though it had raised insults and more beatings for me, they ended up having to suck it up since it wasn't going to chance anytime soon. But right now we were a little bit closer than how friends were supposed to behave and I could see the guy staring at us and waiting for the rumor to go spread around in the castle.

"Let's go to our dorm, Love" I said and we walked back to the dorm, looking behind us to make sure no one was following or watching us as we slipped through the portrait together.

"I won't let him hurt you, you know that right?" I asked, sitting down with him in our common room and he smiled at me before nodding his head. "Good. You have nothing to worry about" I said and we cuddled on the couch for a while before it was time to go to class.

Aside from the ex boyfriend coming back issue, everything was absolutely wonderful with Harry. We couldn't keep our hands from each other for more than an hour which could have been an issue if the rest of the school didn't know we weren't enemies anymore. Now that everyone knew that we had put our differences aside, they were less shocked to see us be close because they put it on the account of our weird and sudden friendship.