Chapter 4

Draco's POV

I walked into Blaise and I's room and changed into something more comfortable right away which means silk pajamas. I turned around and saw him changing as well. I sighed and sat on my bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sitting on his bed and facing me. I nodded and he smiled sadly at me. "You're not. What's wrong?" he asked.

"It's just" I paused "I don't know, I guess I'm scared?"

"Of what?" He asked and I thought for a second.

"I don't know." I said, closing my eyes.

"You do, you just don't want to admit it" he said and I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Since when are you this wise?" I asked and he laughed loudly.

"I've always been, you just didn't pay attention to it because you were too preoccupied trying to please your father" he replied and I winced at that.

"He's not my father" I said quietly and he stood up before sitting next to me on my bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked and I shook my head slightly. He nodded and pulled me to him, hugging me and stroking my hair to calm my nerves a bit. We always did this as kids, there was no romantic feelings between us, Blaise liked Pansy while I liked Harry. Pansy was too obsessed with me to see Blaise and Harry was too obsessed with the she-weasel to see me. We understood each other. He eventually went back to his bed and I fell asleep not to long after.

"Harry Potter is dead" Voldemort shouted for everyone to hear. "Harry Potter is dead" he said again, laughing with his followers. My heart shattered and I had to hold myself back from screaming at the sound of that. That couldn't be true. The boy I loved nearly all my life couldn't be dead. He was so strong, so good, so Harry. I refused to believe it. But watching his unmoving body in Hagrid's arms while the giant man was silently crying made everything seem true. I was torned between believing in Harry and believing in the sight before my eyes. Tears made their way in my eyes and I could barely see a thing and whether that was a good thing or not I didn't know but at least I was shielded from the brutal reality of Harry being dead.

I heard my parents calling for me to join them but I couldn't bring my feet to work. It wasn't my feet who refused to go, it was my heart. I knew in my heart that going with them was an awfull idea. But what choice did I have? I was disgusted at the idea of spending the rest of my life following that horrible man but I couldn't stay on the light side, Harry's side because it was them who were disgusted in me. I relectantly got my feet to move and stepped forward, slowly, waiting for at least one person to shout at me to stay and not go with them. But the more I walked, the more I realized no one was ever going to hold me back from going. Because they just assumed I was wilingly following the darkest wizard of all time.

I stopped in front of Voldemort and nearly gagged when he hugged me briefly. I held back from running when I walked towards my parents. I stood next to them and watched as Voldemort was threatening and asking people from the light side to come forward and join him. Just as Neville was about to attack, Harry sprung to life and jumped out of Hargrid's arms, shocking everyone. Relief flooded my entire body and I ran forward, leaving my parents behind.

"Potter" I shouted, throwning my wand to him so he could fight and ran to safety with the light side.

I gasped and sat up in my bed, panting and sweaty. I brushed my hand in my hair before standing up and walking out of the castle to sit on a bench. I needed some fresh air and since the night was not too cold I thought I could watch the stars in order to change my mind for a bit. I was about to sit when I knocked a few brooms that had been forgotten on the floor in a pile. I nearly fell and cursed loudly at the noise I was making as I was wrestling against the brooms. I finally won and sat down on the bench, looking up at the sky in admiration. The nights in Hogwarts were the most beautiful. I stayed like this for a few hours before deciding to head back before anyone could notice I was there instead of in my bed.