Chapter 20

Warning: I have absolutely no idea how to write the way babies/children talk so I'm just gonna write normally and let you imagine how he speaks.

***

Harry's POV

A week passed and we were now celebrating Scorpius's birthday. He was technically 2 weeks old but since he looked like a 2 years old now we were just going to pretend like he was actually two years old. Blaise and Pansy were here as well as Narcissa and Remus. It was actually Remus's first time seeing my son and I was quite excited since he was bringing Teddy with him. Teddy was one year old and would look younger than Scorpius but I hoped they could still play together.

"Harry" Draco called for me. I entered the common room and he looked at me "Can you open the portrait please? Someone knocked" he said and I nodded as it was most likely Remus with Teddy. I walked to the portrait and opened it, coming face to face with Hermione. I stared at her in shock and opened my mouth a few times but couldn't find words.

"Thought I'd find you here" she exclaimed overly happy "Can I come in?" she asked and before I could even answer she cut me off "Thank you" she pushed passed me and walked inside. I closed the portrait quickly and followed her.

"Wait" I called after her but she ignored me and kept on walking. She entered the common room and every conversation stopped and all eyes were on her.

"So," she said, looking around at the decorations on the walls "What are we celebrating exactly?" she asked and I stood next to her.

"My son's birthday" Draco replied in confusion as to why the hell she was standing here at the moment. He threw me a look but I raised my hands, showing him I had no bloody clue as to why she showed up either.

"Oh sweet" she exclaimed with a fake smile and clapped in her hands in false happiness. I looked at her in pure confusion. What was going on with her? "You'll have to excuse me, I didn't bring any gifts" she said and Draco looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"It's not like you were invited in the first place" he mumbled and she glared at him before turning to me.

"Now that you mention it, how rude" she exclaimed "How could you not invite me at your son's birthday, Harry?" she asked and I felt like fainting. She knew? My head snapped in Draco's direction and he looked panicked and not far from fainting as well.

"That's right" she continued "I know. And I have for a while now. Did you really think I was that stupid? Or at least as stupid as Ronald?" she asked with a small smile and I stared at her. I didn't what to do, what to think, how to breathe properly. Was she angry? She didn't seem like it. But why wouldn't she be?

"Don't make that face, Harry. I'm not going to kill you." she chuckled "I'll admit that I was pissed at first. I was pissed that you didn't say anything, that you kept all of this to yourself. But I thought about all of this for a few days and I understood why you hid it. We weren't the best of friends lately, were we? And with all the fights and the fact that we hate Malfoy, I can only guess it must have been the main reasons why you kept it to yourself. I took some time to observe the both of you. And guys, you are so obvious" she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "I mean, be a little more discreet. Paying actual attention to your behaviors, I could see how lost you could get in one another. The love that shine so bright in your eyes nearly brought me to tears to be honest with you. I've never expected to say that in my life but you and Malfoy are meant to be together. I know I must look suspicious right now because of my sudden change of heart but I can assure you I'm not lying when I say that I won't tell a single soul about this. I promise and I'm sorry for being a bad friend." I was shocked at the revelation. What was I supposed to say to this?