Chapter 2

WARNING: Mention of abuse

Draco's POV

I sighed for the hundredth time today, running my hand in my hair as I lazily sat in the garden, surrounded by my mother's flowers. This was the only place I could be away from my fath- Lucius. That man was no father. The garden was one of the many things he hated and so he wouldn't come get me here. I used to hate the garden as well when I was younger. I thought that flowers were for girls and Lucius constantly said to me that boys shouldn't like flowers or anything girls like. I shook my head at the memory and looked around, the smell was what had drove me to the garden after the war. The smell of ashes and blood had been stuck in my nostrils for weeks after the final battle and the only thing that could get the smell away was the flowers. So I started to come here more and more, the smell of the war slowly fading as I took a liking to the place, quickly noticing how Lucius would never follow me here and how I would finally be in peace.

"Draco" My mother said as she slowly approached me. She had a tired look on her face, a look that remained like a side effect of the battle as well. Her and Lucius didn't get along anymore. Lucius had a tendency to beat me up and she had a tendency to fight back for me which she never did before.

"Hm" I replied, looking at the dark sky. I had taken a habit of star-gazing or just looking at the sky in general. I found it so relaxing, it was truly one of my favorite thing to do nowadays.

"It's getting late, Honey" she said, gently touching my shoulder. She and I had become close after the war, she realized that she could have lost her only child and decided to be a better mother and so she spent a lot of time with me, which I appreciated. Now I had someone to defend me and protect me from that man that lived with us. "You should come inside."

I nodded and reluctantly followed her inside the house and into the living room where the table was set and food was served. I sat down and started eating, ignoring Lucius as much as possible. Contrary to my mother, Lucius and I had drifted even more apart as he thought I was a coward and a disgrace for changing sides during the final battle. I had finally gathered enough courage to fight against death eaters and it hadn't pleased Lucius to see that.

"Draco" Lucius called out to me, slamming his fist against the table when he noticed I was not paying any attention to him whatsoever. I glanced up and waited for him to speak. "As you may know" he began after sending me his best glare "the Malfoy name is not at its best right now" I rolled my eyes and muttered a small wonder whose fault is that "Watch it" he spat at me "as I was saying the Malfoy name is not at its best and so I need you, our family needs you to save the Malfoy name." he explained, looking pointedly at me while I raised a brow, waiting for him to say what he had in mind "I talked with the Parkinsons" he said and I squinted my eyes immediately "I recalled you being friends with her so we talked about it and came up with the wonderful idea of you two getting married" he said and I stood up, slamming my cutlery on the table. "Draco" he shouted at me "Where are you manners?"

"No" I said through gritted teeth

"Excuse me?" he asked in disbelief

"I will not marry Pansy" I spat at him even though I was seriously shaking in fear on the inside. "You wanna know why?" I asked in anger "because I'm gay" I announced and the look of disgust that took place on his face nearly made me flinch. But as soon as the disgust appeared on his face it disappeared.

"Then perhaps the Zabini's son would make you change your mind?" He asked with an interested glint in his eyes and I stared at him in disbelief for a while. I scoffed, disappointed even though I really shouldn't be surprised and walked out the room without a single word.