Chapter 3

A/N: Hi, so someone has decided to report the photo that was at the top of this chapter for absolutely no reason since it was just a guy wearing sweatpants but whatever now I changed the image for reference so I'm sorry about that.

Enjoy the chapter!

***

Harry's POV

I was stepping inside an empty cabine on the Hogwarts Express. I was excited and annoyed at the same time. Excited because I was finally away from the Durseyls -especially Dudley- but annoyed because I would have to deal with Ron, Hermione and Ginny's questioning about why I went radio silent the whole summer. After completely ignoring Molly's awfull letter, I received a rather copious amount of letters from the three as well as some from other Weasley members. I had successfully avoided them up until now and I wasn't about to get stuck with them in a small room the whole way to Howarts. I took my wand and locked the door, whispering a small colloportus. I closed the blinds and lied down so that I could take a quick nap.

I woke up five minutes before arriving at Hogsmeade station. Once the train stopped, everyone got down and I took the first carriage to the castle with a few other students I didn't know the names of and who gaped at me in shock when they realized who I was and how I looked now. I smiled to myself, happy about their reactions and ignored them the whole ride.  Even though I avoided everyone till now, I couldn't possibly avoid them at supper in the great hall where Hagrid was happily lead us to.

After a few words, Hagrid pushed the double doors to the great hall opened and entered, seeing the usual huge tables, overflowing with foods of all sorts. I could see some students already sitting and I guessed it was the ones that helped rebuild the castle. I walked and sat far away from my usual seat in hopes of being alone. I looked around and my gaze fell on a blonde head, sitting right across from me at the Slytherin table. Draco Malfoy. I took a quick look at him that ended up being a long ass stare his way as I had to force myself to look away. He had let his hair grow and good gods did he look good. I always thought he was attractive but that was on another level. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud voice.

"Harry" Hermione's voice echoed inside the big room and a few students looked around to spot me.

I ignored her calls and kept my head down in hopes that she would not find me. How silly of me. Her calls became increasingly louder, attracting more and more looks from the students and I knew she was doing it on purpose as she was well aware I hated being the center of attention when I didn't want me to be. With a heavy sigh I turned my head, looking toward her loud voice and caught her eye. She looked shocked at me and dragged Ron and Ginny behind her and towards me. They sat down and looked at me up and down while I smirked.

"Harry, mate" Ron said, sitting down next to me. "What happened to you?" He asked with still wide eyes.

"Nothing" I replied. He was about to talk when Mcgonagall's voice cut him off as she started the sorting ceremony. Hermione was sitting across from me while Ginny sat next to me, throwing glances at me every once in a while. After what felt like ages, the first year students were finally sorted into their houses.

"Now that all of the first year students has been sorted into their houses" Mcgonagall said "I have an announcement. Dolores Umbridge has made the ministry ask for the eighth year students to get sorted again. The reasons why are unknown to us but I'm afraid we don't have any other alternative but to sort the students again. So when I call your name, please come forward to the front so I can put the sorting hat on your heads for the second time." She said and everyone started complaining about how stupid it was to resort students all over again. I on the other hand was feeling both nervous and ecstatic. Nervous because I knew there was a high chance that I do not end up in Gryffindor again but ecstatic because I could finally be who I really was.