Chapter 16

Harry's POV

I woke up, early as usual and cuddled against Draco who was still sound asleep. I looked at his relaxed features before lifting a finger up to his face and gently brushing it along his nose and lips, smiling when he sighed happily from time to time, nuzzling in my neck. I placed a hand on his belly, biting my bottom lip to prevent a goofy smile from spreading on my face and rubbed the stretched skin tenderly. I loved thinking about my baby, my Scorpius. Sometimes, I would get really excited about it and would find myself grinning and hoping that my baby boy would arrive sooner. The desire to hold his little body in my arms was becoming stronger and stronger. After a while, I finally gathered some courage and slowly got out of bed to take a hot shower. I stood under the shower head, eyes closed as I enjoyed the warmth surrounding me. My sore muscles were finally loosing the tension that had build up for a few days. I suddenly felt two strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist while small kisses were placed softly on my shoulder blades. I smiled, lacing my fingers with his and dropping my head back and resting it on his shoulder while he left kisses on my neck. We stayed like this for a while until I lifted my head up again and turned around to face Draco with a fond smile spread on my face. He looked up at me smiling as well but his smile slowly faded as he stared at me.

"What's wrong, darling?" I asked, noticing the change of behavior. He didn't respond but instead lifted a shaky hand to my face and brushed his fingers against my skin from the left side of my face to the right side. And at that very moment, it clicked. My scar. The scar Draco made when he got angry at me. I closed my eyes and silently cursed at myself for stupidly forgetting to put glamour back on.

"When did you get that?" he asked with a frown.

"Draco" I said, not knowing what to say.

"Was it when you went to the Weasleys?" he asked, I knew he was silently asking if it was Cedric who was at fault for this and I slowly shook my head, mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen. "Then when? And why haven't I seen it before? Did you put glamour on it so it wouldn't be visible?" He asked confused and concerned. I sighed, knowing he was going to feel so bad about it and was going to blame himself even though it was not his fault.

"Draco, listen" I said, quietly, taking his hands in mine. He watched me take his hands and looked at me with calculating eyes. "I- yo- I-It happened just before I went to the Weasleys" I finally said, stuttering because of how nervous I was.

"Why would you hide this from me?" He asked, he looked a bit hurt that I would hide something like that to him. "Why didn't you come see me? I would've healed you. How did you even do that?" He asked, looking at the scar a bit closer and brushing his fingers against it. I looked at him with sad eyes and he frowned. He seemed to be thinking for a while, staring at the scar before looking at me with wide eyes.

"I-It was me, wasn't it? I'm the one who did this to you" he said, taking a few steps back as guilt filled his eyes. "Oh gods, oh gods" he said as realization hit him. Tears started filling his eyes as he looked at me in horror. "Oh gods, Harry" he cried, his hands flying to his lips. I stepped forward but he took a step back again, shaking his head.

"Draco, baby" I whispered. Seeing him like this was hurting me so much, that was exactly why I had hid it from him. "Listen to me" I said but he shook his head while sobbing. He closed his eyes tightly, probably to stop staring at it and I grabbed his head in my hands tenderly. "Please darling, listen, it was an accident" he cried even more while I desperately tried to wipe his tears away. "You didn't mean to, I know you didn't mean to. I'm alright, everythings fine" I said, trying to make him understand that I was okay as he stepped out of the shower hurriedly. I grabbed his arm to stop him from running away and turned him towards me.