//43//

OUR FUTURE TOGETHER

AZAZEL's P.O.V

The ceremony carried on through the night as everyone helped themselves to alcohol and food.

No children were allowed so they had been sent home and tucked into bed but the teenagers above fifteen years old stayed up with the rest of us.

"It wasn't that bad now, was it?" Kruel chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss to my temple.

"It was a pain but it was worth it." I smiled up at him.

"How do you feel about it? Is it anything you hoped for?" He asked in concern.

He knew as much as I did that giving up everything that I worked so hard for was a sacrifice too great. But I chose to think of it as losing something in order to gain something much more.

"Well, I never thought I'd relinquish my alpha duties so soon, just to become the Luna of the pack with the stupidest name on the planet." I told, earning an eye roll from him, "But I guess being here with you makes up for it all."

"Where were you all my life?" He asked placing a kiss on the mark he gave me which sent little shocks of electricity through my body.

Something I still needed getting used to.

"Probably out somewhere, torturing a person or two."

"There you go turning everything romantic I say into something the exact opposite." He rolled his eyes before kissing my forehead, "I'm just going to go to the house to grab myself a shirt. I wouldn't want you going on a killing spree on the women that are eye-raping me." He winked, causing me to roll my eyes even though we both knew he was right.

"You think you're so funny." I glared at him.

"You do too." He chuckled before pulling away, "Don't go anywhere. I'll be right back."

"Okay."

With that, he walked, or more like jogged away.

I stood there and watched the ladies dance around the bonfire with the men howling and whistling while making comments. I just couldn't help but wonder how this would've been if he was still here.

How much he would've loved to see me finally break down to the girl he changed by showing her the greater side to life.

No, stop.

Tonight's not the night to think about him. Trenen would've wanted me to enjoy myself so that's precisely what I would do.

Or atleast try to do.

"I knew all that tough girl act would come to an end eventually." An amused voice spoke from behind, startling me.

I turned around and came face to face with Christian who was being led by Zarya.

I hadn't seen either of them during the ceremony and seeing as Zarya didn't even look at me, I knew that she didn't want to be here.

Christian probably told her that he'd come here with or without her and knowing Zarya, she wouldn't let her blind mate come here on his own.

The tension was so thick, it could be sliced through with an axe.

"I'll go get something to drink." Zarya mumbled before pecking Christian on his cheek and walking passed me without a single glance.

I stared over my shoulder to see her walking away with her hands balled up in tight fists.

"Hi there, Azazel." I quickly changed my line of focus to Christian who looked at me with a slightly tilted head, "Or should I say Luna Azazel?" He asked, playfully thinking it over but I wasn't paying any attention to a thing he said.