//19//

URIEL AND EMERALD

KRUEL's P.O.V

"What do you think they're talking about?" Christian whispered as we watched our mates talk from a line of tall trees.

As in actual talking and not trying to kill each other. It was honestly just weird. Those two were like oil and water... They couldn't mix. A part of me enjoyed seeing them that way because I really needed my mate and my twin to at least like each other but another part wasn't sure it was a good combination.

"I honestly don't know."

"Do you think they're threatening each other in a civilized manner or are they actually bonding?" I could tell Christian found it just as odd as I did.

"I think they're bonding." I stood straighter against the tree.

"I'm not sure I like that."

"Me neither." I admitted. I couldn't have my sister and my mate agree on things when it contradicted my opinion.

"I can feel Zarya's uneasiness through the mate bond. But not the scared type." Christian voiced out, staring at me in confusion.

"Come on." I pushed him towards our mates.

Settling beside Azazel, she stared at me with a raised brow probably asking where the hell I came from.

Smiling brightly at her, I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

"What are you doing here?" She squinted her eyes at me, "Both of you."

"Can't two men just want to spend time with their beautiful mates?" Christian hugged Zarya from behind and pecked her cheek.

"Where's Serenity?" Zarya asked.

"Back at the pack house with Dana, Zion, and Evangeline." Christian responded straightening up.

"Then we better get going." Zarya stood to her feet with the help of Christian. "I really appreciated the company, Luna. I hope we can do it again."

Azazel gave Zarya a nod and the two left.

"You were spying." Azazel glared at me.

"No need for accusations, mate." I smiled at her. "I was just checking up on you. After you left, Zarya mind-linked that you'd be hanging out and the idea being absurd brought me here." I shrugged.

She stared at me for a second more before staring straight ahead, "Your sister isn't as bad as I thought. She speaks her mind and not all good things leave her mouth but she knows exactly what she wants. She would've made a brilliant Luna." Her voice dropped to a whisper towards the end. "Anyway, how's pack patrol going?"

"No signs of rogues so far but they should pop up soon."

"That's good then. It gives us more time to plan everything." She stated.

I didn't have to be an idiot to know what she was thinking. She had questions about the whole Luna thing and I understood that. It was a really huge responsibility and being the mother of thousands of werewolves wasn't going to be easy. Adapting would also prove to be difficult seeing as my mate wasn't exactly great at making 'friends'.

"I have something to show you." I got up and pulled her with me. Holding her hand in mine, I led her through a path in the woods towards our house but when we passed by it, she looked up at me in confusion. I pulled her further away from the house and into the forest, glancing back every now and then to look at her questioning gaze.