//36//

PHOENIX GROVE

Camellia must've spent more than half the day in her spell room after her encounter with Zenith, cooking something up as a distraction. She was trying to avoid him at all cost and somehow she could feel him doing the same.

They had never been this distant with each other before but things just crumbled to their feet in that one moment when he went behind her back and snooped around the one room she didn't let him through.

She wondered how she could've left it unguarded. How stupid was she to not have the doors spelled?

Honestly, a small part of her thought he'd mind his own business and respect her request but the other part felt...

Relieved?

She didn't understand why but maybe it was because it saved her the stress of explaining her intentions to him.

He was pretty upset about what he saw and she knew she needed to keep her distance.

Lycans were bad, if not the worst, at self-control. He wasn't exactly in his right mind and he sure as hell would rip her head off if she made an appearance to him.

Sighing, she carried on with her spell.

Being the believer that she was, Camellia honestly didn't know how to be anything else as her own delusions of what was truly right became a part of her.

No one could make her believe otherwise.

Not even Zenith whose opinion always mattered even though she pretended it didn't.

And that's where the problem began.

"Without witches, the other supernatural beings are nothing." Her mother once said and it was true.

Vampires, werewolves, lycans, shifters.... They were all linked to witches one way or another. Only a witch was powerful enough to weaken any supernatural but not even she was strong enough to kill a tribrid.

Especially since there has only been one in existence, she had no books or ancestral spirits to consult with on the issue.

As she skimmed through the pages of her spell book, she finally came across the last ingredient of her unfinished spell recipe.

"Kräfte unterdrücken." It was a spell that meant suppressing powers, and according to what her mother's journal stated, the spell worked on all supernatural beings. Each being with it's own effect.

For vampires, it would prevent them from using their powers for a whole month and it could lead to death because of the lack of consumed blood in the body.

For shifters, it would lock them into their last form and the spell could only be broken by the witch that cast it.

Witches couldn't make potions or do spells, making it harder to channel ancestors until the spell wore off.

Lycans and werewolves were a different story though.

They were condemned to a fate far worse than death and Camellia knew it was the last thing she needed to complete the spell she had been preparing for months. All it needed was a little perfecting and she'd have her weapon ready. Time was running out and sooner or later she'd have to fulfill her end of the bargain.

***

She spent the next couple of hours putting everything together with a few accidents here and there but it was all ready.

It was finally complete.

The downside was that there was one weapon and one weapon only.

If she screwed it up with the tribrid, chances were she wouldn't be able to stop her.