//20//

THE BIG DAY

AZAZEL's P.O.V

Stupid event.

Stupid dress.

Stupid shoes.

Stupid Odeya.

"So the alpha said that this dress would be in accordance with your preferences." The half-beast spoke as I sat on my bed bored out of my mind and barely listening to a thing she said as she did my makeup. She did fairly well at curling my shoulder length hair in thick curls. I preferred keeping my hair straight but I didn't mind doing something different for the event which was starting in the next forty-five minutes.

"Do you think you have a mate somewhere out there?" I tried to make conversation with her. A sensitive topic for her but what did I care?

When she fell silent, I opened up one eye at her staring at the mascara in her hand with her lips pressed into a thin line.

"I honestly don't believe so." She started, "I don't believe much in that Moon Goddess nonsense but I doubt she'd bless me with a mate because I'm not a complete werewolf. Even my shift was different. I look different from every other werewolf and I guess your goddess has her favorites."

"She is a bitch full of favoritism." I said, shocking her. "I don't believe in her and she probably punishes me every day of my life for it but I honestly stopped caring years ago." I lost so many people that I loved and the so-called Moon Goddess didn't do a thing to protect her 'beloved' creations.

"Well, at least she cared enough to give you a mate." Odeya continued doing my makeup.

"If she did care, she would've left me to die on my own." I mumbled, trying as hard as possible to hold still.

"You really are an interesting Luna." She laughed, causing me to raise a brow at her actions. "No one ever talks about death upon themselves like it was nothing."

"What is death when the people you care about are always in danger because of your existence?" I inquired but didn't get an answer from her, just as I'd expected. "You can leave now. I'll get the dress on and you can go get ready now."

"Yes Luna." With that, she left me to drown in my thoughts.

I planned on doing a lot of things behind Kruel's back. Things I convinced myself would be better for both of us. Things I thought would give him the life he always hoped for once he got a mate. The family he always wanted to have but would never admit it, not even to himself.

He'd never agree with any of my decisions but I had to do what I planned on doing the moment I came to his pack.

Carefully wearing the silver dress, I stared at myself in the mirror.

Huh... Not bad.

It was a double thin strapped v-neckline dress that fitted me perfectly. At my waist, there was a belt that blended in and held the dress in place. The dress lightly touched the floor and I was able to walk without tripping in the single strap silver heels Odeya brought so atleast something good came out of this.

 The dress lightly touched the floor and I was able to walk without tripping in the single strap silver heels Odeya brought so atleast something good came out of this