//17//

ROGUE PATTERN

KRUEL's P.O.V

"You're joking, right?" Azazel asked as we came to a stop and she stretched from side to side.

"I'm afraid not. Alpha Ashton's younger brother still hasn't found his mate and the guy's eight years younger than I am." I stretched as well.

"Eight years younger than you and he still hasn't found his mate?"

"I'm only thirty-five, Azazel. I'm not that old." She rolled her eyes and continued the jog, me joining her side a second later.

"So, a party for the unmated sixteen to twenty year olds. Why's Ashton's brother attending it?"

"I guess there's a chance his mate could come over. I'm not quite sure anyway. He just asked for me to host it." I shrugged.

"And I'm guessing your Luna has to host it with you." It wasn't a question.

"If you don't want to, I won't force you to." I said. "I can just ask Christian and Zarya to stand in for us."

"That would be very impolite of us." She thought it over. "I don't mind pretending to like everyone for a couple of days but I don't want the whole world knowing that I was the alpha of all alphas."

"Was?"

"You don't really think I can keep my title after becoming a Luna, do you?" I stopped jogging at that.

Coming to a stop as well, she turned around and faced me with a look that said 'I thought it was obvious'.

"Your title is at stake for being my Luna?"

"A tiny price to pay for my annoying mate." She gave a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Anyway, when are the other packs arriving? And do we have enough rooms to accommodate everyone?"

"The pack house accommodates over two hundred wolves so if I ask them to temporarily move to the community, I guess that will be enough."

"It will." She agreed. "Now all we need is enough food for everyone."

"Way ahead of you."

We jogged on for an hour more and went back to the house where we got cleaned up and headed to the pack house.

"How are the preparations going, Odeya?" I was currently in my office with my mate by my side doing the paper work. She was going through what I had already done to check if the rogues formed some type of pattern.

"Perfect, alpha. We'll be all set in a day." She confirmed. We had discussed the 'unmated party' for almost forty-five minutes without a single word from Azazel. If anything, she seemed uninterested. Her focus was more on who's the mastermind behind the rogue attack that took place in her pack. I could practically feel the tension rolling off her but she didn't change her posture, nor did she change her line of concentration. She was figuring out everything that I couldn't and I didn't know if she made any progress.

Maybe I shouldn't have let her come here. I think the situation is taking a toll on her and the fact that she can't blame anyone but herself isn't helping.

"Good." I said. "Kindly make sure the necessary supplies are retrieved from the human territory."

"Yes, alpha." Odeya got up. "Any orders from you, Luna?"

Azazel's pen froze in her hand as she raised a brow. She was either irritated or shocked that Odeya spoke to her. The former seemed more realistic. Slowly, she leaned back in her seat eyeing Odeya emotionlessly.