//18//

MAKING AMENDS

AZAZEL's P.O.V

After leaving Kruel, I walked into the kitchen where I saw Zarya with a water bottle in hand. Never in my entire life had I wished for someone to die without me having to touch them.

I had to admit that the bitch was an attractive little shit. Two years older than I was but still a little shit.

"Hey." She greeted with no sign of emotion on her face once she noticed me.

I guess my raised brow was enough answer to know that I thought the greeting was far from genuine.

"Okay, I know we started off on the wrong foot."

"Really?" I crossed my hands over my chest and leaned against the door frame. "Because if I remember correctly, you spat profanities at me knowing damn well who I was."

"My brother's mate."

"Your alpha, whether you condoned the idea or not." I corrected.

"You almost killed my brother. The only family my past didn't take away from me." She said calmly yet a fire brewed within her stormy gray eyes. "I couldn't give a shit about what the consequences were for talking to you in that manner."

I watched her, silently studying her.

"I don't want us to be the kind of sisters-in-law that always bicker over each and everything." She continued.

"What makes you think we'll end up being sisters?" I pushed off the door frame, walked over to the counter and leaned against it beside her.

"You and Kruel are a match made in heaven. If you didn't plan on staying then you would've gone back to your pack. No matter how many creatures are on the hunt to get you, you would've fought in your own pack but something wouldn't let you." She looked at me, "Some type of pull that wouldn't let you leave." She went on. "Something that was packaged in a beautiful specimen of a--"

"I think I get your point." I cut her off. "But maybe you're right."

"If you hang around more, you'll know that I'm always right." She smiled and I sent one right back but it didn't last for long as the one female besides Zarya that I couldn't stand walked in.

"Zarya? You're here?" Odeya, a.k.a the Half-beast, strolled into the kitchen.

"I'm waiting for Zion and Serenity to get back." Zarya responded.

"Oh... Well, I saw them on my way back. They were at Dana's place the last I saw them." She grabbed an apple from the fruit basket. I've never liked blondes but I definitely hated this one. The way she walked, talked, breathed... Just everything about her annoyed the absolute shit out of me. The familiarity added to my dislike for her and only fueled the anger I had for the person she reminded me of.

"Odeya, this is Azazel. Our Luna." Zarya definitely sensed the change of air in the room.

"We met a while back but she didn't seem like the conversation type." Odeya shrugged biting into her fruit. A perfectionist, I noticed. The way she chewed the fruit making sure not to mess up her red lipstick was pretty stupid.

"Just when I thought there wasn't anyone alive that spoke their thoughts out the way you do." I whispered to Zarya, knowing damn well that a half-beast's senses were not as enhanced as pure breed werewolves, causing her to laugh.

"The Luna is more of an observer." Zarya commented after her tiny laugh fit. "Anyway, I'm going to check up on Serenity and Zion."

"I'll accompany you." I said, leaving no room for arguments.

"Okay, then we better go. We'll see you later, Odeya." Zarya took the lead before I followed behind.

***

"I always wondered what it'd be like to just have a normal life but that's impossible for someone like me." I confessed sitting next to Zarya on a bench by a stream surrounded by various planes of the play park. Kruel really did good for this place. It had everything a normal child or teenager wanted. It was like a human city lacking only in the mall department.

"There's nothing impossible." I almost forgot what we were talking about. Just almost. "Normal is overrated for us werewolves but never impossible."

A comfortable silence blanketed us until I broke it with a question, "How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Handling a mate and raising a pup." I shrugged.

"It isn't that complicated actually. Once you and your mate help each other every step of the way, that is." She smiled but it soon faded away. "Christian and I should've had Serenity earlier but I had some... complications with carrying pups in my womb for more than two months. Each one I had died inside of me and it was honestly heart breaking. Christian didn't give up on hope though. He told me that the Moon Goddess would come through for us when the time was right and I blamed her for all of my suffering until one day..." She trailed off, reliving the memory with the smile making its way on her face, "I was blessed with a healthy, strong pup that I decided to name Serenity because of the peace and happiness my mate and I had obtained beyond our expectations."

Zarya wasn't half bad. She wasn't bad at all. She was just as broken as I was and she didn't care what she had to do to keep her only support system, her light, her hope, and her lifeline alive to keep on breathing.

"Being a Luna is a huge step for me." I started as I stared at the stream's current, "I've always liked being in control and being second to your obnoxious brother doesn't seem as fun as he makes it sound."

"A Luna is the biggest blessing any pack could have. She's the mother of all and that's really something." She said staring ahead as well. "But it's a huge responsibility." She added.

"A responsibility I'm not sure I can take." I admitted.

"Who knows? Maybe this is your purpose." She shrugged.

"I'm not right for Kruel." She immediately snapped her head towards me. "I can't be the mate I'm supposed to be."

"What do you mean? The Moon Goddess--"

"The Moon Goddess isn't real. If she was, she wouldn't have let my mother give birth to me."

"Azazel, how can you say that?"

"I'm an abomination. I'm destructive and only cause chaos everywhere I go." I turned to face her, "If she existed and cared about her creations the way you all believe, she wouldn't have made someone like me and given me a mate that deserves to be happy."

"And what makes you think he isn't happy? He's found the only thing that could break down his stupid walls around his mind. A mate."

"A mate that won't be able to give him the one thing he'll want."

"You can't lose hope." Zarya needed to understand that what she and Christian had wasn't what Kruel and I had. The Moon Goddess clearly didn't consider me one of her creations so there was nothing she could possibly give me that could make my mate bond with Kruel complete.

I lost everything I ever loved because of what I was. I couldn't protect the people that I loved because I was too scared to unleash a part of me that I tried to lock away in the furthest part of my mind.

I didn't want to lose my mate because of how I'm being hunted down but I didn't plan on leaving him either. I was a selfish tribrid and my wolf was already possessive of Kruel. I wasn't going anywhere without him but I knew I'd be depriving him of what he probably wanted to be.

A father.

"I already did."