//8//

WANDERING SOUL

KRUEL's P.O.V
As I stared into Azazel's eyes, I felt all my anger subside. I looked into her beautiful hazel orbs that had tiny specs of gold, now that I've had a closer look at her in the dimly lit room.

My demeanor immediately softened at the one emotion I thought I'd never see from my mate.

Fear.

What she was afraid of... I had no idea and I couldn't help but think that I was the reason why she was so afraid.

Her breathing wasn't right, her skin had goosebumps raising and her eyes were tearing up.

I quickly unwrapped my arms from around her waist and stepped away from her. She visibly relaxed and it nearly broke my heart to pieces.

Not long after, a panicked Trenen cautiously ran towards my mate and pulled her in his embrace.

There was nothing more that I wanted to do than to break them apart but I couldn't. She didn't feel secure around me and Trenen was the next big thing.

I heard Trenen repeatedly ask Azazel if she was sure she was alright and my mate whispered a 'yes'.

Trenen then hugged her tightly to himself, almost as if she'd disappear if he let go, making promise after promise about how he won't let anyone hurt her.

Backing away from them, I headed out of the room and the pack house with the vow to find out exactly what's going on with my mate because, even though I didn't know her as much, the woman I was with upstairs wasn't Azazel.

She wasn't my mate and as crazy as it sounds, I wanted the psychotic alpha back.

***

It's been two days since Azazel's attack on Zarya. My sister's doing fine by the way. She just doesn't want anything to do with the Dark Abyss Pack so we are currently packing up our stuff to leave.

I haven't seen Azazel nor Trenen around. They seemed to have disappeared the night Azazel was afraid. It still haunts me that I caused that fear and even though I don't want to admit it, there's more to Azazel's sudden change in character than what meets the eye.

"Earth to Kruel!!!" Zarya pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

"Yeah?" I respond, turning my attention to my twin.

"What are you thinking about?" She curiously smiles at me.

"Nothing important. Where's Christian anyway?" I try to change the subject.

"He's getting the car started." She says, zipping her suitcase up.

"Ready?" I say, throwing my duffle bag over my shoulder and dragging Zarya's suitcase.

"I'm more than ready." She happily responds as we head towards the car.

Immediately we spotted Christian, Zarya ran towards him and practically jumped on him as she gave him a kiss.

As disgusted as I was, I still thought they were good together. A match made in heaven.

"Get a room." I say walking passed them and throwing our luggage into the trunk of the car.

"Jealousy isn't a nice colour on you, Kruel." Christian smirked as he wrapped his arms around Zarya from behind, facing me.

"But idiocy seems to look great on you." I smirked back.

"Stop your silly banter. We have a long way back home." Zarya playfully scolded as she strolled to the backseat of the jeep.

"Think fast." Christian tossed me the keys when I was distracted, watching my sister get into the car.