//29//

HEAT

AZAZEL's P.O.V

Really?

Out of all the times I could experience this, why now?

My whole body felt like a thousand silver needles dipped in wolfsbane were continuously being pushed into my flesh and taken out painfully slow in an endless cycle of torture. The air to my lungs lessened the more I tried to breathe and the stupid tears wouldn't stop threatening to leak out.

‘We need to get you to the bathroom.’ Athena gritted out as I tried to push myself up from off the floor but I pathetically fell back down.

I resorted to crawling but even that attempt was useless. I could barely feel a single bone in my body. Every move I made caused a ripple of pain to shoot throughout my body, leaving me short of air.

Dying didn't seem like that bad of an idea now.

But who was I kidding?

The Moon Goddess bïtch must've been enjoying this.

‘Azazel, we need to move before one of the unmated males comes in.’ The desperation in her tone didn't do much in helping me focus on getting us to the bathroom.

‘This... would've been... a lot easier... if I wasn't part lycan.’ I panted before laying on my back, staring at the ceiling as the tears cascaded down the sides of my face.

‘Yeah, I kinda hate you for that.’ Athena tried to joke but this situation was far much painful for her than it was for me.

‘I kind of hate me too.’ I laughed humorlessly before I let a scream I tried so hard to hold in out.

Trying to grasp a little more air, I heard the front door break down and I felt a burst of energy course through me, trying my best to get away from whoever would try to get rid of this pain for me.

It was crazy how I didn't want anyone but my mate to touch me. Most she-wolves didn't care about who they had sex with as long as the pain was gone. I wouldn't let a single male so much as breathe on me while I was going through heat when I was back in my pack.

Not even Trenen who hated seeing me face this part of my life on my own.

I tried to get up again as I knew there was someone in the doorway watching me but all my attempts were futile. At this point, all I could do was swear to myself and the Moon Goddess that if this male laid a hand on me, I would end both his life and mine. Then I'd go after the bïtch that claimed to have loved her precious creations and rip her throat out.

That, I swore.

Still figuring out how to keep them all away from me, I felt arms wrap around me and pull me up in a sitting position before carrying me to the one room I couldn't quite get to.

I didn't protest as I felt the familiar soothing tingles run from his body to mine. A sign of our mate bond.

"Why didn't you mind-link me?" It was an accusation but I didn't have the energy to retort. I wasn't even in the state to utter a word.

When I felt Kruel try to position me to sit on the edge of the tub, I made a sound of protest and gripped his shirt so tight that I'm sure it'd rip under the strength of my claws.

"I'm not leaving you." He whispered into my hair. "You need to get out of your clothes."

"Can you help me?" I asked weakly and I heard him gulp audibly. "Please." I begged when I knew he wanted to say no.