//31//

SAY THE WORD

[Unedited]

AZAZEL's P.O.V
One day, sixteen hours, and twenty-nine minutes.

That's how long it's been since Kruel was taken.

I felt so useless... so powerless.

I was a damn failure.

Trenen and Christian stopped waiting on me to give orders as they knew just how unhelpful I was. They informed all the alphas and a new report came in.

One that was not my concern at the moment but it was linked to my mate and the others so I had to listen.

Strangely enough, human girls were being kidnapped from the human territory. The pack's eyes and ears in the human government informed that they believe something beyond their imagination would do it and I didn't give more than a quarter of a fück about the damn weak creatures.

The werewolves were my only concern so the humans could go deal with their petty issues elsewhere.

"The trackers couldn't find a scent yesterday." Trenen sighed, keeping Ashton up to speed on our failure to find the wolves. "Azazel tried a locator spell but it knocked her out for two hours."

"Someone must really know the lengths at which Azazel would go to find the missing wolves." Ashton voiced out. "A precaution by someone that knows her, I presume."

"Her brother, Zenith. He has caused her so much pain that I'm sure this was what he thought would break her." Trenen whispered so as I didn't hear it but he underestimated my tribrid hearing.

"No, you're wrong." I moved away from the window, "Zenith has no desire to break me. What he wants is something much more valuable to him than my pain. I just don't know what it is." I stated and they all seemed shocked that I actually voiced out my thoughts.

‘You haven't exactly spoken to anyone since you woke up from your blackout. Can you blame them?’ Athena commented.

‘No. I don't suppose I can.’ I responded absentmindedly.

"If you know the bastard so well, then what do you think his next move will be?" Ashton got on my nerves every single time he uttered a word. Hell, his breathing put me in a terrible mood.

"If I had known, I'd be preparing everyone for it." My calm tone had so much annoyance underlying it. He was aggravating me and he knew it but he, like Kruel, didn't care about my temperaments.

"Your brother is causing havoc everywhere.... the human territory included. That—"

"That is the least of my concerns, Alpha Ashton." I snapped, cutting him off. "My only concern is the safety of my mate and the warriors that are in my brother's custody. Anything besides that is highly irrelevant to me."

I wish they could all leave. Leave me alone to drown in my pain and sorrow in my mate's office but that was too damn much to ask for, wasn't it?

I do not understand why you let the bastard belittle you. You're his alpha yet you do nothing to put him in his place.’ The voice I hadn't heard from in a while said in the softest tone I had ever heard.

‘You've been quiet. What the hell do you want?’ I asked steadying my breathing in an attempt to calm my rising anger.

‘Did you not miss me?’

‘I fücking hate you with every fibre in my body. If I could, I'd kill you right now.’ I snapped, balling my fists on either side of me.