//25//

Update 1 of 2
Sorry for any grammatical errors

UNEDITED!!!

HELLHOUND SPAWN

ZION's P.O.V

Everything was going smoothly. We hadn't encountered any threats yet and I was more than grateful for that. I didn't want to find out whether the pendant Luna Azazel gave to me worked or not.

It wasn't that I didn't trust her or anything like that. I just had my doubts and it was only logical that I did. I was afraid of the possibility that I'd lose control and hurt my comrades.

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for that.

"Try to keep up, kid." Gamma Xeus brushed passed me before increasing his speed as he jogged on with the few pack patrol guards that accompanied us.

A jog in the rain.

Perfect.

Not.

We'd been at it for three hours now and I honestly felt like I was going to pass out any minute. Drawing in a deep breath, I increased pace and caught up with the other scouts.

The jog stretched on for another hour before we stopped by an abandoned area near a stream.

"We'll set up camp here for the night." Gamma Xeus announced, "I'll need help searching the perimeter. Any volunteers?"

I was too exhausted to even consider it. Whatever was out there should just stay out there.

"Zion, join me. I promised the Luna I'd watch over you and leaving you here defeats the purpose." Gamma Xeus mind-linked and I sucked in a breath.

"If anything goes wrong out there, I won't be of much use." I sent back.

"Why don't you come along and prove me wrong?"

Nodding my head subtly, Gamma Xeus turned his attention to some scouts that volunteered and picked out the remaining seven. He left Commander Stephen, the head park patrol guard, in charge and we started off on the Northern side of the forest with Commander Stephen's third in command.

***

Unfortunately for me, Nate came along. The same Nate that beat me to a pulp every time we sparred, yes that Nate.

Thinking back to the conversation I had with Luna Azazel, I couldn't see the flaws she saw in Nate. The guy was built the right way, had amazing fighting stamina, and could lead a group of wolves with unwavering confidence and authority.

The only downside I saw in him besides being an airhead was the fact that he lacked respect for the Luna and I wanted to break his face in but even I knew that that was impossible.

"I didn't think you'd still be distracted even off the training field." A voice I knew all too well commented to my right but as usual, I just ignored and carried on watching Gamma Xeus and Subordinate Alaric listen for anything unusual. "Are you deaf now?"

"Cut it out, Ralph." Nate's voice drifted through the air to my ears as he briefly turned to face us before he resumed the walk. "We're out here to search the perimeter. Not mess around so I suggest you play your parts in all this."

"Since when did you care about Zion? Last time I checked, you planted his face in the dirt every time you sparred." Ralph snapped.

"Unless you want to become my favorite punching bag, I recommend you shut up." Nate was in Ralph's face when he made his threat. Ralph, on the other hand, didn't back down and snarled at Nate, baring his teeth as his canines elongated. He was pissed at Nate but the latter remained emotionless as he dared the former to make a move.