//37//

GETTING INTO CHARACTER

AZAZEL's P.O.V

The blood bath began and I was
covered in dried up blood from my hair to my feet. Wiping the fresh blood off my face as I cleaned my bloody claws on the fur of the creature beneath me, I took a second to catch my breath.

I knew what the fūck these animals were but I didn't know how to kill them. Beheading or tearing their hearts out was my best bet seeing as that was the only way a lycan could be put down for good and Zenith would most likely give them his gift of half-immortality. By the time I succeeded in killing any, I was already clawed two or three times.

It hurt and I was healing faster than usual.

Courtesy of my lycan who was ecstatic about tearing things apart.

Just as I finished this one off, another one came my way but Christian took it down before it could get to me.

"Azazel, we won't be able to keep this up for much longer." Christian grunted as he ripped the hellhound's heart out, "You have to go."

"I won't leave you here." I protested, looking at the number of hellhounds that were still standing. "If I leave-"

"If you don't leave, everything we worked for will be for nothing." He reasoned but even though I knew he was right, I couldn't leave.

"If you haven't noticed, your bastard brother is getting away." I heard Samael say from behind me as he beheaded someone. "These fückers just won't die."

"And we won't last much longer if we don't get Kruel and the rest out of here." Christian pleaded with his eyes and I knew I had to go.

"Fine. But if I'm not out with Kruel in time, I want you to leave."

"But Azazel—" they said in unison but I cut them off.

"Those are my orders. If somehow I fail in getting him out, I need you to get everyone out of here. Can I trust you both to do that?"

They both didn't say a thing. They just nodded their heads in understanding.

Turning my back to them, I faced the crowded path that led to the inside of the building where Zenith had run into like the coward he was.

Bringing my hands forward, I faced my palms towards the hellhounds before fisting my hands and pulling back. The hellhounds went flying either side, clearing the path.

I guess my witch side wasn't so useless after all.

I didn't waste a second in running into the building. I could feel all the magic that surrounded the place and if I was any better at being a witch, I could've been able to know how to use this magic in my defense.

That was the least of my problems now.

Kruel needed me and I was running out of time but my brother also had to pay for everything he has done to my mate and the others.

Just thinking about how terrible I felt the passed few weeks made me so angry that I felt my claws extend and canines elongate without my consent.

My canines were longer than my usual werewolf ones so I knew Athena wasn't in control.

My lycan was.

And neither Athena nor I tried to overpower her.

If Pandora wanted to have control, I was going to let the damn bitch have it but we were going to do this on my terms.

Going after Zenith was dangerous but I didn't care. I was going to find him in this godforsaken shīthole of a mansion and I wasn't going to stop until I had the bastard's head on a stick in my backyard.