//24//

HARD TO PLEASE

AZAZEL's P.O.V

"Take care of yourself out there." I told Zion as softly as I could, "I know what it's like being in a place you don't belong. An unfamiliar environment. Just... don't let him get the best of you."

"He's... not that easy to control." He shook his head trying to rid his mind of an unforgiving past, I'll bet. "I don't know how to control him once he takes over." During one of our sessions, I took a sneak peek into Zion's past and it was anything but appealing to see. It was far much worse than I thought and it's amazing how he kept himself sane after enduring the horrible things he did at a very young age.

"And it's okay." I assured, "I have issues in shifting as well." This made him look from his lap to my face.

"What?" He asked in shock.

"I don't necessarily have complete control over my shift. It's... complicated." Opening up was never my thing but it was necessary to get him to get comfortable.

"I know complicated." He mumbled, staring at his lap again.

"It may be complicated but it's very controllable."

"How? I can't go out with the rest of the warriors if I can't shift without losing control." He was sad. He'd been training so hard for this and somehow, it only clicked right now that shifting was part of the warrior package.

"There is a way." I whispered, "Give me your hand." He complied, skeptically eyeing me.

Reaching into my pocket, I took out a scarlet chain with a wolf head pendant.

"What's that?" He asked taking in the sight of the really rare piece of jewelry.

"The thing that can help you shift without losing your head." I explained, "It was originally spelled to help me but it didn't work out as planned." I placed the trinket in his palm.

"How does it work?" He eyed the pendant, analyzing it and trying to figure out what exactly it was made out of.

"When you decide to shift, it'll transfer your wolf's conscious into it and you'll have full control."

"What if it doesn't work?"

"It will."

"Then why didn't it work on you?" For a kid his age, he asked a lot of questions. Brilliant ones at that.

"Why don't we talk about that when you get back?" Realizing that I didn't want to talk about it, he just nodded his head understandingly.

Following my suit, he stood up and walked beside me as we left the weapon room. I could feel his uneasiness but it didn't seem like it was about the whole pendant thing. Something else bothered him.

As we approached the warrior squad, I turned to Zion.

"Everything will be alright as long as you don't take it off when you shift." I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you." He smiled before giving me a surprise hug. I honestly didn't know how to respond to whatever this was but when he didn't let go, I guess I had to return it.

"See you when you get back." I said pulling away from the hug.

"Goodbye Luna." With that, he jogged to the rest of the scouts as I motioned for Xeus to come to me.

"Yes Luna." He responded with a small bow.

"I need a favor." I stated.

"Anything."