//5//

IT'S A WIN-WIN

KRUEL's P.O.V
"This is insane." Zarya muttered. Standing at the border of Azazel's territory, I had my warriors with me and Zarya being Zarya decided to tag along even though Christian and I begged her not to, leaving us with no other option but to leave my gamma, Xeus, in charge.

"I see you brought an army." The feminine voice that I both liked and loathed so much commented, walking in front of her warriors who stood in nothing but the glory of their leader.

"What can I say? Your advice did wonders." I responded with an emotionless expression, unlike hers. She held a sinister smirk on her face and Zarya visibly shifted on her feet.

"I won't wage a war against you, Kruel. I have decided that you're not worth a second of my time but if you want a go at my title, please be my guest."

"Let's just wrap this up already." I snapped.

"Patience pays, Kruel." She taunted, "Everyone.... to the arena." She ordered and the warriors began jogging towards the fighting arena in a perfect coordination that other alpha's could only dream of having. "The same applies to the rest of you." With that, she turned on her heels and I went to the arena with my pack.

***

"You sure about this?" Christian asked as I pulled my shirt over my head and gave it to him.

"Remember what I said about a win-win?" I asked him.

"Yeah?" He seemed unsure of his answer.

"Keep that in mind." I told him before jogging to the centre of the arena where Azazel's pack members stood on the right and mine on the left.

Standing there, Azazel decided it was the perfect time to approach me. I could feel my senses begin to falter because of her scent and the fact that we were only inches apart didn't make it any better. This creature before me had me wondering how something so beautiful could be so fucking heartless.

Azazel stared up at me with a raised brow. She really wasn't as tall as I thought she was.

'Or maybe you're just a giant.' Eren gave his unwanted comment.

I was never one for hazel eyes but they looked more than perfect on her. Her eyes were like gems planted onto her beautiful face. Remembering what Zarya said about the mate bond, I pulled myself out of the trance. She had her usual sinister smirk playing on her lips as she looked at me from head to toe, studying me as if I was some kind of science experiment.

"You're no match." She scoffed.

"Why don't you bring your best warrior out here and we find out?" I winked at her.

"You're already looking at me." My breath got caught in my throat at hearing that. What?!! She doesn't expect me to fight her, does she? She was my fucking mate, for goddess' sake!!! "Don't overthink this. We may be mates but I don't see you as one so I don't expect you to go easy on me. I know I wouldn't if I were you." She smirked and backed away from me.

I stood there completely confused. How could I fight my own mate? This was stupid. I could just submit but my ego wouldn't let me. I guess I had no choice but to fight my mate for the alpha title.

AZAZEL's P.O.V
I walked back to my side of the ring. It had been a while since I fought and I could feel my adrenalin pump in excitement. I didn't want to fight Kruel..... Okay, that's a lie. I wanted to break him and hurt him so bad that he'll beg me to stop. I wanted him to know that I was the Alpha and I didn't take bullshit from anyone. Not even my own mate.