//16//

CONTENT

KRUEL's P.O.V

"Damn it!" I growled out, slamming my fist on the table. I knew something big was going on but I didn't think it was this big.

"We're still searching for more of them. They can't be that far." Xeus countered.

"I want you to get more werewolves to spread out in the human territory and blend in as much as possible. Triple our patrol and make sure werewolf school closes earlier than usual. Now." I ordered.

"Yes, alpha." Xeus left my office immediately.

Rogues.

Fûcking rogues in the human territory.

The nerve. What could they be looking for that they'd search for in the human territory?

And could it be linked to Azazel??

If it is though, what if whatever it was could hurt her... Or worse, kill her.

Xeus informed me on the rogues they caught and they had the same poison on their canines as last time. A painful, paralysis kind of poison that altered the mind and movements of a werewolf. I probably only fought the effects because of my alpha blood and the added twin power Zarya and I share.

This isn't anything we've ever faced as a pack before. It's unsettling and nerve wracking, and it's giving me a headache.

A soft knock on the door brought me back to reality.

"Come in." Massaging my temples, the door to my office opened softly.

"Good afternoon, Alpha. A message came through today from the Winter Grounds Pack." Odeya, my loyal partner-in-crime and assistant in the human territory, informed with a file in hand.

Everything about her was human. Her attitude, her composure, her demeanor... Just everything. I guess it's impossible to change her because she grew up as a human as her father was a werewolf and after he found his mate, he fled. Leaving her with her mother without telling her that there was a possibility their daughter was a werewolf. Because she wasn't all werewolf, she had her first shift four years ago at the age of nineteen. After running away from home, I found her and took her in. She's closed off about her past but I wouldn't push her to tell me.

"And what was it?" As stressed as I was, I sounded as calm as possible offering her a seat as I took mine.

"Alpha Ashton and his Luna would like to have a gathering here for the wolves between sixteen and twenty years in hopes of finding their mates." She explained after thanking me and settling in her seat.

"I'm guessing that's because my pack is closer to all other packs." I muttered.

"Precisely." She smiled. "The other packs also suggested the same thing but no one really had the guts to send their requests over."

"And with good purpose. We have problems that need to be dealt with." I leaned back into my seat. "Having thousands of werewolves here for a fucking 'ball' isn't part of my agenda."

"You know this is beneficial to the pack as well, right?" Odeya reasoned.

"It is but I have pending issues to handle right now." I raised a brow at her.

"What do you think the Luna would say to this?" Her rosy lips lifted into a taunting smirk. One of the reasons I hated giving her information was because it always came up in a conversation, it be blackmail or just a reminder I didn't need.

"Your Luna will murder you if you're within one feet of her personal space without her consent." I warned.

"Then you must not know me, Alpha." She rose from her seat. Opening the door, she stared back at me as I watched her amusedly. "I enjoy the risk and the Luna definitely needs an acquaintance if she's going to stay in a place like this one." She smiled and left, carefully closing the door.