//30//

ALL I WANT

AZAZEL's P.O.V

This must've been the dumbest thing I ever considered doing in my entire life.

For all I knew, this could be a trap. One I'm sure would be quite hard to escape.

"You did it in the past. You'll do it again." Athena and I agreed that what happened last night was best left a secret between us. There was no reason to involve Kruel nor his pack so our only option was to stay quiet and play sharp.

It was a little unfair to do this to Kruel in the sense that it involved wolves that belonged to his pack but now wasn't the time to get him more worked up than he already was.

Zenith was making me play a dangerous game and he knew how to move his pieces in ways that could shock me right out of my skin.

If it wasn't for the fact that he knew where Zion and the others were, I would've caused him so much pain through that damn mirror.

I made it to the place he wanted us to meet right when the sun peeked over the horizon. I didn't understand why here of all places but maybe my brother had a thing for the dead.

I stared at Kruel's parent's tombstones as a distraction, waiting for Zenith to come.

And on cue, he appeared before me in a cloud of red smoke.

"Hello sister." He greeted with a smirk plastered on his face. "I'm glad you made it."

"Not sure I feel the same, brother." I spat.

I picked up a pebble from the ground and threw it in his direction. He was so fast that he caught it when it was inches away from his forehead.

"Do you not believe me?" He asked, throwing the tiny rock on the ground.

"I had to make sure it wasn't astral projection." I shrugged.

"And how on earth would I do that?"

"The same way you appear and disappear when you feel like it." I raised a brow at him and he sighed in defeat.

"Fine. You've got me." He stared at his feet before a smile made its way on his idiotic face. "Ready to make the deal?"

"I need to see that he's okay first." I crossed my hands over my chest.

"This isn't a negotiation, sister dear."

"Then screw off." I turned on my heel but the moment I looked in the other direction, his hand wrapped around my throat and lifted me off the ground.

I grunted in annoyance and pierced his flesh with my claws before taking a step back once he let me go.

I was sick and tired of his disappearing-reappearing tricks.

"That was dirty. Even for you." He pulled out a white cloth from the pocket inside his wine red suit and wiped the blood that trickled down his arm.

I shrugged my shoulders and analysed him for a moment. There was something about him that didn't seem right. He was slipping and it was almost as if he was desperate.

What was going on?

"What do you want, Zenith?"

"Do you care about the boy?" He asked and I didn't respond because he already knew the answer. "You surprise me, Desdemona. You never really liked children." He sat on a huge rock staring at me with those captivating red irises that I once admired.

"What do you want in exchange for Zion and the others?" My patience was slowly dissipating and the only thing on my mind was ripping his goddamn heart out.