Chapter 19

Song of the chapter: Ke$ha - C U Next Tuesday

Ash >>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I woke up on Monday morning, still confused from all the events during these past 72 hours. I tried thinking everything through yesterday evening, but I only seemed to come up with more questions. And the worst part is that I couldn’t even sort out my emotions yet.

  I was supposed to be with Christian. He’s such a cool guy and anyone who’s with should feel lucky. He was amazing and sweet and corny and the most adorable way. But Cameron had to fuck up the whole picture. The bad boy who always got what he wanted. Who didn’t care how many things he destroys along the way. If only I didn’t sleep with him…

  I got up from my bed and checked the time on my phone. 6.15 am. Wow, that was extremely early. I made my way to the kitchen and made my instant coffee. I plugged in my phone to my speakers and started playing some music. I thought about calling Ash, but decided against it. Who wants to be woken up early on a Monday anyways?

  I made breakfast (the first time I made it while going to work in a very long time) and got ready for work. As I locked the door on my way out, I got a text from Christian.

  Christian : Goodmorning, babe J hope you had a good nights’ rest.

  Me : I did J u?

  I walked out and got to my car. I thought about driving to work, but decided against it. It was a walkable distance away, so what better way to kill time?

  Christian : Yeah, I did.

  Me : J so what are you doing today?

  Christian : I’m boarding a plane to London in five minutes

  I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, extremely stunned. Someone bumped into me behind me and I heard them say ‘asshole’. I didn’t care though. I was too astounded to care. He was going to London and I didn’t know? Was this the work crisis that he was talking about yesterday?

  Me : OMG!!!! Why didn’t you tell me? Is this about the work crisis?

  Christian : I only received the memo an hour ago and yes, it is about work.

  I continued walking, now relieved that I’m informed. I could see the building looming in front of me.

  Me : How long are you gonna be there?

  Christian : Four days max ;) see what I did there?

  I smiled at his incredibly unfunny joke. It was because of things like these that made him so likeable. I got to the building but stood outside for a while to text Christian.

  Me : Ha bloody ha. Good luck tho J

  Christian : Thanks. I’m gonna miss you so much

  Me : I’m gonna miss you too. Bye

  Christian : Bye

  I put my phone in my pocket and walked inside the building. I looked at my watch. 8.20 am. This is the earliest that I came to work ever. I didn’t even come this early on my first day.

  I walked through the desolated reception area. Only the receptionist was here. And it was the night shift one. Yes, we have night shift receptionists because apparently, urgent meetings can even happen at 2 am. And everything that happened in this company was branded as ‘URGENT’.