Chapter 11

Song of the chapter : Tegan and Sara - Closer

Christian >>>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  It was around lunchtime when I finished the prototype for my next project. I was really tired from staring at the computer screen for too long. I really needed a pair of good computer glasses.

  I rose from my seat and headed towards the café. I was supposed to meet Ash there, as usual. I was really wrong for calling Chris an asshole when I barely knew him. He just seemed like the type to play with people’s hearts, and I didn’t want Ash to get hurt. But know it seems like Ash is even aware of his ways.

  I needed to apologise to Ash about this morning. It just seemed fitting. Who was I to judge anyway?

  I was halfway down the hallway to the café when suddenly my phone vibrated In my pocket. I took it out and stared at the caller ID. It was Christian.

  “Hi, Christian?” I said.

  “Hey, beautiful,” he chuckled.

  “I said don’t call me that, you prick,” I growled. He laughed more, which made me more mad.

  “Babe, you’re so cute when you’re mad,” he said.

  “How do you even know I’m mad, because I’m not,” I retorted. When he talked I could hear the smirk on his face.

  “You’re so easy to read, even through the phone.”

  “Uhmm… Okay Christian. What’s your point?” I was getting tired of this childish banter.

  “OUCH. That hurt,” he screamed dramatically. I smiled, knowing that he’s probably clutching his chest with a hurt expression on his face. And he calls me easy to read.

  “Okay, sorry. But really, what’s your reason of calling me at lunchtime?” I queried. He doesn’t normally call me at this time. It must be important.

  “Uhmm… I just wanted to ask you… if you would like to go with me to the ball,” he asked. I could tell he was blushing on the other end. That was a really cute sight, to be honest.

  I laughed hard into the receiver. It was kind of funny, hearing him ask me out like a kid in middle school.

  “Hey, what’s so funny?” he asked. I laughed more, before gaining my composure back. He was breathing heavily. Uh-oh. Someone’s annoyed.

  “Christian, are you… mad?” I asked him carefully.

  “Oh, no no, babe. I’m fine,” he said in a strained voice. I could tell he was trying to hold it back. One of the things I found cute about him. Maybe I should write a book about what I find cute about him. It would be a bestseller.

  “Don’t lie, Christian. I know you just as much as you know me.”

  “Okay, babe. I’m mad. Now what do you say?” he drawled on the first part, like he was repeating the lines of a very bad play.

  “Okay, I’ll go with you to the ball.” I said. I weirdly sounded happy saying that. What the hell is wrong with me. Oh, I know! Christian.

 He huffed I relief. “Thank you so much, babe. This is kind of a big deal for me.”

  “Why?”

  “I thought you were asked already.”

  “Oh. Well, not until a few seconds ago.”

  “Uhmm, okay. Thank you again.”

  “No problem,” I said.

  “Okay, I need to go now. Bye.”

  “Okay, bye,” I said, my voice full of resentment. I sighed heavily. This guy was making an effort to get to know me. The least I could do was call him babe.

  Okay, that’s taking it far.

  I’m still in denial.

  I hadn’t realised I had stopped in the middle of the hallway just to talk to Christian until I looked around and started walking. I arrived at the café to see a very impatient Ash waiting for me. I took my seat opposite her and she raised her head, a look on confusion on her face.

  “Where were you?”

  “I was in the hallway talking to Christian,” I said rather frankly. Her face went from confused to curious in a matter of three nanoseconds.

  “Oh? What did he say?” she asked, her voice way too squeakily sweet.

  “He asked me out to the ball,” I looked down at the sandwich she bought me. Chicken and mayo. My favourite.

  “And?” She pressed on.

  “I said yes.”

  If I said I’ve heard someone squeal louder than Ash, I’d be lying. Not counting a pig, of course. That’s a thing.

Ash went around the table and hugged me tightly. Squeezing the air out of poor me.

  “Can’t breathe, Ash.”

  “I’m so happy for you Max. You have no idea,” She squealed again, this time right into my ear as she was hugging me. Damn women.

  “Okay Ash, let go now.”

  She let go of me but still gripped my shoulders, grinning at me. She was acting like a proud mother who just witnessed her child graduating.

  “Ash, chill. It’s not like I’m getting engaged.”

  “Oh, but you will.”

  I rolled my eyes. She really was getting overly ecstatic about this. Women get way too excited with these type of stuff. No wonder The Notebook was so successful.

   “Okay, Ash. Relax,” I told her. She really needed to. She was way more enthusiastic about me than I was about her and Chris. She sat down, looking calm enough to eat her sandwich. I attacked mine to. When I finished, I asked her.

  “Hey, where’s Zoë? I haven’t heard from her since last week.”

  “Oh, she’s been really busy. I think she’s in San Diego, finishing a merger deal. She’ll be back in a few days though.”

  “Oh, I think I’m gonna give her my invitation, since I’m going with Christian’s invite.”

  I took out my phone and scrolled through my Instagram timeline. There were some really talented photographers on here, it was quite inspirational. I was looking at a really cool pic of a shirtless guy who was standing near a window and the shadows of the blinds were on his chest, when a voice spoke behind me.

  “You might get a warning if you stare at that picture any longer.”

  I gulped, knowing who the owner of that voice is.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N

Well, that wasn't much of a cliffhanger but anyways. Please vote and leave comments. Love you all so much xx

Damien