Chapter 7

Song of the chapter : Fifth Harmony - Sledgehammer

Lucas Till who plays Joshua on the side >>>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I rolled my eyes as Ash talked to me about Orange Is The New Black. She finished the whole two seasons and she was watching it again. She was getting obsessed.

  “Don’t you think you’re getting way too obsessed with the show?” I said, voicing my thoughts.

  She gasped dramatically while clutching her chest. “How could you think of such, Maximillian Williams? You disgust me.”

  I rolled my eyes again and smirked. “I think you just love watching it because it’s basically lesbian porn.”

  “Well, I wouldn’t mind having my way with half the ladies there,” she said, sounding thoughtful.

  “Just kill your next boyfriend and you’ll be on your way,” I said, still smirking.

  “If he has money.”

  I stood up and looked at Ash. We were in the café and there were just a few people here.

  “Ash, are you coming with me to Starbucks?” I asked.

  “Nah, I have to work late today,” she said begrudgingly.

  I shrugged. “Okay. I’m going. See you tomorrow.”

  She nodded and I headed out the building towards my car, my mind on Christian. He was really having an effect on me. Sometimes, when I’m just working, he pops into my head. I would just laugh a little and shake my head. It has been a week since we he first called me and he’s been calling every night since. He’s also been constantly texting me.

  I got in my car and headed straight to Starbucks. I got there and got out, taking my iPad with me. I waited in line to order my cup of coffee, when I heard a voice behind me.

  “Max?”

  I didn’t recognise it so I turned slowly around to meet someone’s eyes. My eyes widened in shock as I stared at the man in front of me. His eyes also widened at the sight of me.

  “Josh?” I said, my voice wavering.

  I was still shocked that Josh was standing in front of me. Joshua Cooper was my very first friend since childhood. We used to visit each other all the time, and we used to play a lot. We used to also go to the same elementary school together, until his parents moved away to England.

  He still looked more or less the same. He still had dark hair, and the same eyes. He wore a pale blue shirt and a pair of black chinos.

  “Oh my gosh, how long has it been?” I asked rhetorically.