Chapter 6

Song of the chapter : Selena Gomez - Slow Down

Gerard Butler who plays Mr Mason >>>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxx

We knocked on Zoë’s door since she wanted us here. I was amused that she was bored, and I’ve never seen Zoë bored. She always found something to do.

  She opened the door and revealed herself. She wore a Coldplay t shirt and had her hair in messy bun. She looked fine, not extraordinary but not bad.

  “Surprise,” Ash said. These two were the best of friends when they weren’t at each other’s throats. They were what you call the love/hate type of friends. But there was mostly love instead of hate.

  She smiled, “Hey, Ash. How are you?”

  “I’m cool,” Ash said while stepping through the doorway. I stepped in, smiling at Zoë a bit.

  “So why did you want us?” I asked. She turned to me and gave me a ‘duh’ look.

  “I said I was bored. I just wanted a night in with my besties,” Zoë exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and hugged her, burying my face in her neck. I smelt her perfume, which I guessed was Chanel.

  “Aw, Max. You give the best hugs,” she said, hugging me back.

  “Okay, sorry to break your reunion, but I need to watch the first season of Orange Is The New Black with you guys. Heard from someone at work that the show is really good,” Ash exclaimed. I gave her a dirty look before sitting next to her.

  “Okay, Zoë. Why were you so grumpy this morning? Didn’t get your daily coffee?” I asked, peering at her. She started fidgeting with her Coldplay tee shirt.

  “What happened, Zoë?” I pressed on. I was concerned about her since she was acting weird all day today.

  “Uhm, I kinda slept with the guy I was dancing with last night…?” She said. I burst out laughing and so did Ash. I shook my head, trying to stop laughing but I wouldn’t stop.

  You’re such a great friend, Max.

  Zoë scowled at us. “What’s the joke here guys? I slept with the guy twice. TWICE!” She held up her index and middle finger, “And the rules of a one night stand is that it’s ONE NIGHT ONLY.”

  “I guess we’re kinda on the same boat here,” I said still stifling a laugh.

  “Wait, you slept with the guy once?” Ash asked.

  Zoë nodded, “It was at an office party last year. He’s a colleague.”

  I burst out laughing again, this time earning a small punch from Zoë herself. “Hey, I guess we’re seeing our one – or in your case two – night stand more often than not,” I said.