Chapter 17

Song of the chapter: Ariana Grande - Baby I

Cameron in jail lol >>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I walked with Christian up the stairs to my apartment. We came back from the park, and it was about 5 in the evening. I Insisted on going to McDonalds before coming back here. He gave me a lecture about how fattening Micky D is and said, and I quote “I don’t want your cute ass to die from high cholesterol too soon. I still have a lot of things to do with you’. I shut up after that. But then he mistook my silence for anger and went to McDonalds. I was happy, but I mean, when I’m quiet I don’t sulk, do I?

  Okay, maybe a little.

  But still not enough to make him feel guilty and rethink his decision. Sigh.

  “But Batman is like the best superhero ever. I like that he uses his intelligence and money for the greater good wasn’t magically born with or given powers,” I stated. We were arguing about who’s the best superhero of all time ever since we left the park. It was obviously Batman. The doofus just couldn’t see it yet.

  “But Superman is the best one out of all of them, though. He’s so much more versatile and has like a GAZILLION abilities.”

  “Yeah, but he depends on those abilities way too much. I’ve never seen him actually thoroughly think out a way to save people with as little damage to property as possible. He always lets his powers think for him,” I said, getting nearer to my apartment. Christian only smiled.

  “But he’s too arrogant. Clarke Kent is the most humble one out of the two though,” he said, smirking. He thinks he has won.

  “But arrogance is sexy,” I said, looking at him dead in the eye while smiling. His smirk dropped and I burst out laughing. He only scratched the back of his head and looked down to his sneakers in embarrassment.

  “Uh, hi. Max,” I heard my name being called out. Christian and I both turned to the source of the voice. It was Cameron, and he was leaning on my door. He had a smug look on his face, as if he knew about the childish banter between Christian and I.

  “H-hey, Cameron.” I said, walking up to him. Christian raised his hand and smiled at Cameron.

  “Cameron,” he said in greeting. Cameron smiled back to him and greeted him with a wave.

  “How are you, Christian?” Cameron asked him. Christian only shrugged.

  “I’m alright, and you?” he asked casually.

  He smirked, “I’m cool. So I see you were taking Max here on a date?” he said, looking at me smugly. I so wanted to slap the smugness off his face.

  “It was kind of random, really,” he said. Cameron’s eyes only widened in surprise.

  “Spontaneous, hmm. I like,” he said. Christian only smiled wider. Why is Cameron flirting with my man? IN FRONT OF ME?!

  “OKAY,” I sighed loudly. “Cameron, can we talk in private please?” I asked but grabbed him anyway and pulled him to the far end of the hallway. I turned to him once I thought we were far enough from Christian to not hear us.

  “What are you doing here?” I whisper-yelled. He only quirked his eyebrow.

  “I wanted to talk about that thing,” he said quietly. I scrunched my face in confusion.

  “What ‘thing’?” I asked. He only rolled his eyes before leaning close to me.

  “The kiss,” he said. His breath smelled minty. It was hypnotizing, really. It only made me want to kiss him right then and there.