Chapter 25

Song of the chapter: Ella Henderson - Yours

xxx

  I drowsily woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. I raised my head and immediately regretted it, feeling a headache instantly. I put my head down again. Is this what an emotional hangover feels like?

  I checked the time to see that it was 9.30 pm. I slept from 6.00 pm, wow. I still felt like shit though, considering that naps are supposed to make people feel better. The knocking on the door continued incessantly, and I finally found the balls to get up (with great effort) and walked to the front door.

  “Who is it?” I shouted at the door.

  “It’s me,” A voice said. Cameron’s.

  “Go away,” I yelled back, feeling annoyed. He just had to pitch up right now, out of all people.

  “No. Are you okay,” he asked, the concern dripping in his voice.

  “Just go away,” I said, hearing my voice crack a little. He just knocked even more.

  “I will break in if you don’t open the door right now. And trust me, I’m crazy enough to,” he said. I rolled my eyes before opening the door to see Cameron standing there, well dressed as always. I didn’t have the energy to care right now as I was going through an emotional disaster.

  “Shit, what happened to you?” he asked, the concern back in his voice again. I finally had the courage to look into his eyes. And all I could see in them were… pity. Uncensored pity. I hated that. I hated it when people felt sorry for me.

 “I broke up with Christian. And please, I don’t want your pity and don’t look at me like that,” I said, my voice breaking in the last part. I looked down to the floor before feeling his body and arms hugging me. He hugged me tightly, and I could smell his scent for the first time. It smelled strong and masculine yet it was fruity and summery. I loved it.

  “Bullshit,” he whispered in my ear. He hugged me for a few more minutes, but it seemed to last forever. Not the dreaded kind of forever, but the blissful kind. I wanted to be enveloped in his scent for a few more forevers.

  He let go suddenly and I felt deflated. I don’t know why I felt like that. I just felt like I… needed him to hold me to feel complete. This was so weird for me, because I’ve never felt that way about anyone else, not even my ex-boyfriends.

  “I’m gonna make you feel better, I promise,” he swore. I nodded, fully complying with what he said. He walked over to the couch and tapped the space next to him. I sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. I can’t just cuddle with him. I just broke up with my boyfriend, for fucks sake.

  “What movie do you wanna watch?” he asked suddenly. I looked up to the TV to see him flicking through the movies on demand. I just shrugged before he flicked over to my favourite movie, We’re The Millers.

  “My favourite movie,” he said while smirking at me. I gawked at him.

  “That’s my favourite movie too! Well second favourite. The Breakfast Club takes first place,” I exclaimed. I don’t know why I was suddenly feeling happy right now.

  “It’s a deal, then,” he said and clicked on the movie. I raised at brow at him.

  “You’re already speaking like a businessman, nice,” I said. He chuckled at that. I crossed my legs on the couch and watched the movie cosily.

  Within the first ten minutes, I was already laughing. And I also noticed Cameron stealing glances towards me. And although he was laughing with me, he was slowly moving closer to me until he was right next to me. But I didn’t have a problem with it. In fact, when it was about forty five minutes into the movie, I laid my head on his shoulder. I felt him tense up at first, but then he slowly relaxed. But I was already feeling drowsy, so I was about to sleep at any moment then.

Drunken Accident [boyxboy]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara