Chapter 8

Song of the chapter : Taylor Swift - State of Grace

Max >>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I waited at the coffee shop for him. I just wanted to see him again. It had been a whole week since. I missed his handsome face and dark eyes. He just made me smile whenever I talked to him. Nobody has ever made me feel like that in a long time.

  I was on my phone scrolling through my Instagram when a dark shadow loomed over me. I looked up and smiled.

  “Hey, again,” Christian said. He was wearing his suit again, and he looked tired, but still hot. He really was handsome in a mysterious way.

  “Hi, take a seat,” I said. He sat down in the same seat that Josh was in about half an hour ago. Christian looked at me warily.

  “Is there something wrong?” He asked.

  “No.” I said.

  “Then why did you call me?” he asked.

  “Is it a crime to just hang out with a friend?” I asked. He smirked.

  “Oh, so now I’m a friend?”

  I smiled. “Yeah, kind of.”

  He groaned. I rolled my eyes before I realised what I was doing.

  I was friendzoning him.

  I really didn’t want to make him feel awkward here. I just needed someone to talk to (who’s not Ash or Zoë) that was going to distract me from Cameron.

  I looked over at him, to see him look at me a little amused. I suddenly realised that his eyes were blue and there was a brown bit at the top of his left eye. I looked more closely, wondering why I’ve never noticed before. His eyes appeared dark to me the other day.

  “Hey, why is your left eye two different colours? I thought they were brown,” I said, suddenly amazed at this new discovery.

  “My eyes are actually blue and my left eye is a bit brown. Born with it,” he said. He was still smirking at me.

  “Oh wow,” was all I said.

  I looked down at my empty cup. “Do you want some coffee?” I asked.

  “Nah, I don’t do coffee.”

  “Well, you wouldn’t like living with me because I’m a serious coffee addict.”

  “Oh, so going from friend to living with you in a space of what,” he put on a thoughtful face, “Two minutes?”

  I laughed, “Don’t you ever stop being a smart ass?”

  “I have my moments,” he smirked.

  I coughed, “Drunk.”

  “Ha, you got me. You already know me,” he exclaimed.

  “One point to me,” I said.

  He looked at me with a weird look in his eyes. They were loving, yet lustful at the same time. My breathe caught on my throat at how sexy that was. It made me feel nervous.

  “Uh-uhmm, how was your day?” I asked, looking down blushing my face off.

  “It was good. Had a few meetings here and there, but it’s damn tiring,” he said, suddenly sounding exhausted. I realised that I didn’t know what his profession was.