Chapter 4

Song of the chapter : Sky Ferreira - Boys

Imogen Poots who plays Zoë Josephs >>>>>>>>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Max.”

I turned around again to see Cameron standing there. He was wearing a leather jacket that looked expensive. It should be, since his father was practically a millionaire. He was also wearing a pair of blue tight fitting jeans with boots.

“What?” I asked him. If he was here to brag about how he can get his father to fire me then I’ll definitely resign. After that I’d move to California to start my life again with no Cameron to bother me.

He gave me the same look he gave me back at the apartment. He shifted at his feet.

“I just want to say that I’m sorry for saying what I said back at your apartment. I know it was insensitive of me to say that. Please don’t hate me,” he pleaded.

I glanced at him. “Did someone put you up to this?” I asked incredulously. This was very out of character for him to say that. He should’ve been smirking and saying sarcastic things to me.

His eyes widened. “No. No no no. This is all me. Nobody tells me what to do.”

“Okay.”

“Okay, what?”

“I don’t hate you. At least not for now,” I said.

He visibly relaxed. “Thank you,” he said.

“For now,” I reminded him. “Piss me off again and I’ll not only hate you.”

“Okay.”

I looked back at Ash as she was giving us a strange look. A look between amusement and puzzlement. I looked at her and smiled a little.

“Uhm, Ash, this is Cameron.” I turned to Cameron, “Cameron, this is Ash,” I introduced them rather awkwardly. Okay, maybe this wasn’t this the best time.

“Nice to meet you,” Ash said in a way-too-sweet voice.

“Same here,” Cameron exclaimed. He turned to me and looked at me rather inappropriately, “I guess I’ll see you later then,” he said as he turned to leave.

“Wait, what do you mean ‘later’? There ain’t gonna be a next time you know,” I said glaring at him.

He raised a brow, “I have a feeling we’re gonna be seeing a lot more of each other.” He winked.

Just as I was going to respond, he turned and left rather quickly. I turned to look at Ash who had the most confused face I’ve ever seen. She looked at me.

“Did I just witness that guy hit on you?” She asked, a hint of awe in her voice.

I didn’t answer the question. “He’s the one night stand, Ash,” I said.

She looked at me as if I killed someone. “Shut the fuck up, Max. MAX! You never said he was that hot,” she practically screamed so much, that I’m sure the whole café must have heard her by now.

“That’s not the best part,” I said, looking at her while taking a bite from my sandwich.

She looked at me expectantly.

“He’s Mr. Mason’s son,” I said.

She looked confused again. Her eyes then widened with realization.

Then she gave the most ear-splitting scream I’ve ever heard.  

~~~~~~

I was getting prepared to go out to celebrate my successful project. I was at Ash’s place, and she couldn’t stop talking about today’s news like it was the hottest thing since Beyoncé. I mostly blocked her out, or tried to change the subject. But I wasn’t going to delve in the subject.

“He looked like James Dean back there, he’s so dreamy,”  Ash squealed. I rolled my eyes because this was about the seventh time I heard that today. Yes, I was counting.

“I bet you his rich as piss because daddy,” She said again.

Third time.

“Did he give you the best night of your life, Max?” She asked. This time, I whipped my head around to find her grinning at me.

“I think it’s time to go,” I said, having heard enough.

“He did, didn’t he?” She was very persistent. But not this time. I walked over to the coffee table and took my car keys and headed out door.

“Okay, just wait for me,” she said while putting on her make-up. “Five more minutes.”

I groaned and walked out the door. “I’m gonna be waiting in the car,” I told her like a tired husband about to take his kids on a road trip. I was excited for tonight, but I knew I couldn’t drink as much as I would normally do because of work tomorrow. But who says you need alcohol to have fun, right?

I unlocked the car and got in, immediately syncing my iPhone with it to play some music. I put it on shuffle just as Ash walked out of the apartment and got in the car. I started the car and immediately ‘Boys’ by Sky Ferreira started playing. Oh, the fucking irony.

Boys, they're dime a dozen
Boys, they doing nothing,
For me any longer
Not be getting stronger

Boys, a lot of women love you,
But boys they just make me mad
All the little things that you do,
Ain't gonna make me sad

Then I saw one looking,
At me from afar

Then I knew it was you all along,
I knew it was you all along
Suddenly I knew there was love,
Then I knew it was you all along
You put my faith back in boys
Back in,

I didn’t realise I started singing along until Ash and I were screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs. I started to laugh at myself as I put my centre of attention back on the road. Sky Ferreira’s music was so relatable at times.

My phone shuffled to a couple more songs till we reached the club were Zoë was waiting for us. So the goal for tonight was not to get drunk and end up in bed with a stranger.

Right.

xxxxxxxxxx

A/N

So yeah this is a very short chapter, a filler really. But please, don't let that stop you from voting and commenting.

love you and thanks for reading xx.