Chapter 19 🍒

Lana is driving as fast as she can back to the building where I assume Harry still is with Wolfe. I wonder what's happened, I hope he's okay. Maybe Wolfe ended up overpowering Harry?

Fuck.

"FASTER, HURRY THE FUCK UP!" I scream at Lana. "I'm TRYING" she responds in the same tone; she's already going way over the speed limit.

"I don't know if you noticed, but we may possibly get pulled over if I'm not careful" she lowers her tone slightly but has a slight annoyed edge. I don't blame her, I know I'm being a bit rude but I'm stressed; I'm sure she understands.

We somehow get back to the building without being pulled over for speeding, lucky us. I grab Harry's gun that I spotted before in the glovebox, I get out of the car. "Melanie wait!" Lana calls after me but I rush inside without any hesitation. "For God's sake this woman is gonna end up giving me an aneurism" Lana complains to herself as she checks she has her own gun before briefly following.

HARRY'S POV

I don't have time to get back to the chair, but I manage to get far away enough from my phone to make it seem like I hadn't used it yet. I acted as if I was on my way to my phone.

And cue Malik in three... two... one...

"STYLES!" His voice booms, announcing his appearance as he enters the room. "Oh heeeeeey Zaynie" I smile over dramatically to match my stretched out words. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I physically see his rage rising.

Gosh why so mad? I only escaped the chair and texted Melanie to help me; he doesn't even know that part. Damn he's still so short circuited and sensitive.

Zayn claps his hands in front of my face and snap out of my thought, shooting my attention back to him. "Don't make me repeat myself Styles" he says with furrowed brows. I mentally roll my eyes.

Dramatic twat.

"I'm escaping, duh" I respond, I mean it's kind of obvious. "You're trying to get to your phone" he picks up my phone and slips it into his back pocket. "Oh Sherlock worked it out, good job" I say sarcastically, clearly pushing another button of his as his fist connects with my jaw again.

"OH MY GOD MALIK VIOLENCE ISN'T ALWAYS THE ANSWER" I hiss a little and grab my already injured jaw. "OH SAY THAT TO WOLFE WHO'S MORE HURT THAN YOU, BLEEDING FROM HIS CHEST BECAUSE YOU WERE PROBABLY ABOUT TO SKIN HIM ALIVE" he shouts much louder than me. So excessive; another mental eye roll.

"Fucking hell, calm down - I was only going to give him a few cuts" I actually roll my eyes this time. "Oh so you were gonna let him walk away?" Zayn crosses his arms and raises a brow at me. "Oh hell no, I was going to kill him but not yet, maybe a few days - gotta torture him first, but I wouldn't skin him alive or dead; not my style" I look back at him. "I see you're still as psycho as ever" he almost smiles.

I'm breaking through to the old Malik, my old partner in crime.

"I mean I haven't really changed, my hair is just longer" I try to get more friendly and comfortable, but it doesn't work. He snaps back into this whole 'hating me' thing. "Shut the fuck up Styles" his face immediately locks into a serious one.

"...Malik, do you still think I was the rat?" I ask, genuinely curious if that's the main reason why he's acting like this. "Of course, I know it was you Styles" he responds in a very confident tone. "Why? Why are you so sure? You know how I feel about rats" I scowl at him. "I- well.. who else could it have been? You knew exactly how to escape!" he gives a bullshit answer, it's clear that he has no real reason to believe it was me.