Chapter 5 🍒

We're in Harry's car, driving to god knows where. It's silent, not even the radio is on, it's a comfortable silence though; it isn't as awkward as something like this usually would be for me. I notice Harry keeps glancing at me out the corner of his eye, but instantly returns his eyes to the road.

So unlike me, I decide to start a conversation. "So when do I get to know where we're going?" I ask, genuinely curious and not just using it as an ice breaker. "I already told you, you'll see" he keeps the smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes and look outside the passenger window. "My mum is gonna murder me you know" I laugh, not that I'm joking. "She doesn't need to know love" his expression doesn't change. "She'll know I'm not at home" I respond. "Well that's a shame" his sarcasm thick around his British accent. I roll my eyes again and just stare at the side of the road.

He shocks me as he places a hand on my thigh. "What are y-" he cuts me off, "Shh we're almost there" he announces, and around five minutes later he's parking the car. Finally. He gets out first and I follow, we go towards a small building, there's nothing specific to tell me what exactly it is. In fact, it's literally just a plain black door, no number, no markings, no logo; literally nothing. Although, I notice a tiny cherry engraved in the door handle. We're in a small, empty street; slightly bigger than a jitty. There's a small corner shop at the end, but the rest of the buildings are plain, with no notifying features.

"What is this?" I question, hesitating at the door. "Just follow me" he states, he sounds assertive, it was definitely not a request, but his hand rests on my lower back and guides me, which feels nice, so I don't argue back.

Once we walk in, there is low music playing, it's quite smoky but it smells quite sweet, quite fruity. We go through another door and the music is much louder, it's not too big but there's plenty of tables, stalls, a small stage with a band on and a bar.

"Welcome to Midnight Cherry's secret location" Harry smirks as he walks me through. "Wait what do you mean?" I send him a confused expression. So this was part of his club but... what is it?

"It's a private club, invitation only; it's much smaller as you can see, less wild. No attitude full teenagers in sight" he laughs. There's barely anyone here, and he was certainly correct about it being much smaller; the gentle jazz music is nice. Harry takes me over to a stall at the back, it seemed much fancier than the others and was behind a frosted glass wall, with a security guard stood by the entrance. He nods his head to greet Harry and lets us past, Harry returns the nod. "Good evening Sir, are you wanting drinks tonight?" His voice was deep, matching his tall and bulky build. "Of course Joe" he says in a playful tone, it seems they have a friendly relationship.

The security guard, who I now know is called Joe, signals to the bar tender and he nods his head. They don't do much talking in these clubs when they're communicating. Harry is on his phone, I'm just say by him, close though; our thighs touching. I look down and remembered I was in my work clothes, of course he'd bring me here when I was in my work clothes.

A few minutes later, the bar tender arrives with a tray of drinks. I don't recognise any except a few glasses of the whisky that Harry had last time. "There's a few things here, I wasn't sure what the lady liked" the bar tender says before doing that same nod all of them do and excusing himself, returning to the bar.

"I'm very underdressed, I'm in my work clothes" I whisper, just loud enough for Harry to hear. "It doesn't matter what you're wearing with a body like that" I roll my eyes at his crude comment, my cheeks heat up though, I've never received such a comment. I barely know this man and he's saying things like that? God.

His hand snakes around my lower back and rests on my waist, pulling me towards him more. I'm not sure how to react. "Harry-" he cuts me off, he seems to have a habit of doing that, "shhhh". He passes me one of the drinks from the tray, I don't recognise it but I like the pale pink colour, it's pretty.