Chapter 20 🍒

I slowly peel my eyes open as I feel the bright sunlight warm against my face. I turn over and feel my hand over the bed to reveal Harry's absence.

The sheets had been changed and I was now somehow wearing what seemed to be a shirt of Harry's; he must've put me in it.

I wanted to be cuddled up to his warm body, our limbs fully entangled with each other, holding each other as close as possible, but there were no signs of him anywhere in the room as I sat up and allowed my eyes to scan the area.

I couldn't even hear the now familiar sound of him in the kitchen. Maybe he was working out? Or doing some business? I glance over at the clock on his bedside table and pout when I see the time, 13:52pm.

That motherfucker really let me sleep in and just disappeared.

He hasn't left me alone in weeks.

I tut to myself as I force myself out of bed and head to the bathroom to freshen up. Eventually, I exit and venture around the house to find the annoying sasquatch superman of a dickhead known as Harry.

I grab an apple from the kitchen on my way around the house. There's literally no sign of him anywhere, why would he just disappear like this? He's done it a few times but he always leaves a note or accidentally wakes me up on his way out so quickly explains himself. Though it's usually just a quick "I've got errands" and a kiss on the cheek.

I check his usual places for leaving notes and surprise surprise, I can't find one anywhere. I finally check the shoe rack by the door and notice his favourite pair of Chelsea boots missing; yeah, he's gone out.

There's no bad feeling in my gut or worry in my head so I leisurely get my phone and give him a quick ring with complete lack of panic.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

The person you are calling is currently unavailable-

I end the call. I'm not a voicemail type.

Bitch.

Of course I call back, but the exact same happens again. I guess he's too busy. Not really sure what to do with myself now, I give Sammy a ring being as she was as bruised as a peach when I last saw her. I need to check in, maybe see if she wants to hang or something.

She picks up almost immediately. "NieNie?" Her voice wavered a little, like she was ready to cry. "How are you doing Sammy?" I try to sound lighter toned to cheer her up a little, she's still clearly feeling a little rough. With good reason.

"I miss you, I didn't..." I hear her suck in a breath, I think to stop herself from crying. "I didn't know what was going to happen to you" she eventually managed to admit.

"How about I send you the address to Harry's and you come over, we can just chill and talk, snack, drink, whatever you want" I laugh lightly and I hear her tone finally peak up, "that would be amazing" she sighs with relief. "Love you, I'll see you soon" I end the call and send her the address straight away.

I decide to cook breakfast whilst I was waiting for her, I knew she lived a decent while away because she lived near my house. My old house. I don't really know if I'm allowed to consider this my place as well but I feel like I've been stuck here long enough to consider it so.

It's not technically partly my place at all, it's completely Harry's. I don't pay rent, there's no need for me to do anything as Harry has a cleaner in once a day, all I do towards the household really is cook sometimes. When Harry lets me.