Chapter 8 🍒

It's been a couple days, I'm still at Lana's. We've had the same shifts this week, which is helpful. Most of our nights have been binging on ice cream and Netflix.

I know it's unlikely and I don't even know why, but I've been lowkey hoping for a call or even just a text from Harry. But no, nothing. He hasn't even been to the cafe. What would I say if he did? Anything? Would he say something? I feel like maybe Lana would say something.

It's almost like as quick as he came in my life, he left. I wouldn't even mind as much if he didn't ask me to stay with him a couple hours previous to him telling me to leave. He also didn't have to be so aggressive with it, I was just trying to see what was wrong. I hope he's okay.

Should I call him? Would he even answer?

Voicemail.

One more try? It rings, and rings, and rings. When I'm sure there would be no answer and about to terminate the call, it's picked up.

"Harry?"

Silence.

"Harry, are you there?"

Call ended.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, does he want to talk to me? I can't get it out my head that he's going through something terrible with nobody to be there for him. Well, he knows plenty of people so he probably does have someone, right?

Fuck it.

I'm going to see him.

HARRY'S POV

Sat in my office room, I hear the buzz from my intercom. Checking the camera, I see Wolfe. I buzz him in, he already knows where to come and as much as I don't like him, he's a man of business and I can trust him in this situation.

I swill the glass of scotch in my hand before taking a small sip as he enters the room, closing the door behind him. I gesture for him to sit on the opposite side of the desk. He's quite a fair bit older than me but always told me I was mature for my age, that I knew the business better than I should.

"Styles." He nods his head as he takes a seat. "Wolfe." I nod in response and place the other glass of scotch in front of him. He takes it happily and has a small taste.

*3 years ago*

"You're fucking kidding me right?" He stands in the middle of the dark room, being illuminated by flashes of red and blue outside the window.

"Shit, shit, shit" I say and run my hands through my hair, it looks like I ratted but it wasn't me, fuck it was probably Liam - I knew we should've left him off the job.

"YOU! THIS WAS YOU WASN'T IT?" He screams at me, he's accusing me of being a rat and that's pissed me off. He knows I'm not like that. I take my business very seriously and a rat is the last thing I'd be compared to.

"Fuck off, you know it's not me, would I be here if it was me?" I respond, we're speaking fast now because it'll be seconds before the police burst in here. Now I have my connections but it might be a little difficult to get out of a situation where you're caught with 50 kilos of crack cocaine.

We can't wait any longer, we both take off in separate directions. I get away, barely, but good old Louis is sat waiting in the getaway. We wait a for a minute to see any sign of him but he's nowhere to be seen. He doesn't trust us now, I mean fuck I don't trust any of them either now, who knows who ratted, but my business with these guys will be cut off now; I'm still using them for my getaway.

*

"So, it's just a rumour that he's back or he's been seen?" I ask, cutting straight to the point. "A couple of my guys have seen him around, we're not sure exactly what his plan is" we don't make any eye contact.