Chapter 2 🍒

I was going to get ready at Sammy's so I say bye to my mother and Klara. I get final rules and reminders from my mother that I've heard a million times, I nod though I'm not actually listening. I finally manage to escape and make my way to Sammy's.

Sammy's mother is always nice to me, I think she hopes I'm a good influence on Sammy but honestly it works the other way - she corrupts me.

"Hiya Mel, how are you doing?" Her mother asks, Sammy rolls her eyes behind her so she doesn't see. "I'm good thanks Mrs. J". Our conversation is brief, with Sammy's mum asking me about work and stuff. Afterwards, Sammy pulls me upstairs excitedly.

"You brought it right?" She squeals with too much energy. "Yes Sammy, I'm not going to come without my costume for a costume party am I?" I shake my head smiling. "Hey you never know, it's a simple enough mistake". She makes me laugh.

It was now 5:00pm so we decided we should get ready to take Jess out. We decided we'd do our makeup how it will be for the party but we just wear a simple red top with jeans for trick or treating - our costumes will go on later.

Jess was wearing devil horns too but she had a red costume dress that was bought for her. Her face was painted completely red and she was grinning the entire time as we went from door to door. Every time the reaction was either "how cute of you two to not think you're too cool to take your little sister trick or treating" or "aren't you two a little old to be trick or treating?" Either way we just smiled and moved on.

We reach back to Sammy's at 7:30pm. The club was only a twenty minute drive away. After another short conversation with Sammy's mother, we go upstairs to get our actual costumes on.

Sammy's is a tight latex skirt that barely covers her ass, paired with a crop top of the same material. It's bright red, with black fishnets and some red stiletto heels. Her makeup is red lipstick and a deep red to black smoky eye. Her false lashes longer than the Nile and large winged eyeliner framing her eye shape perfectly. Her eyebrows were drawn highly arched and she did her contour red to make her look more like a devil. Her hair curled with the horns headband placed on top.

My outfit, chosen by Sammy, was a little more my style but still completely out of my comfort zone. It was a red body-con dress, that reached mid thigh and the same black fishnets and red stilettos as Sammy. My makeup was a red cut crease with mascara, no false lashes for me. A red lipstick which was darker than Sammy's but the same red contour. My eyeliner was a subtle wing, much smaller than Sammy's and basic filled in eyebrows. My hair curled but up in a half up half down style, with the devil horns on top.

I looked in the mirror, feeling a mix of emotions ranging from 'damn girl' to 'ew really?' I couldn't make my mind up - I felt sexy but I wasn't used to sexy.

Sammy tries to encourage me, "Babe, you look drop dead gorgeous, honestly if I was a guy I definitely would" she makes inappropriate gestures and I laugh punching her arm. "Oh shut up, let's just go"

We head downstairs, it was 8:00pm so Sammy's sister was in her room getting ready for bed and her mother was in there sorting her out. This meaning we weren't seen and could just call up a "See you later!". Luckily, Sammy's mother isn't too strict about parties and actually knows we're going to one. She just isn't aware where or the alcohol access and all the minor details... no harm done.

We were like two giggly school students as we got in the car and began to drive towards the venue. The instagram profile, which I assume is ran by the manager, messaged me to ask for someone named 'Harry' when I got to the door and just show the bouncer my camera and I'd be taken to his office. For some reason, Sammy was even more excited by this. "Do you know who Harry is? Harry Styles?" She's grinning ear to ear.