Chapter 23 🍒

The sound of the music fills the neon lighted club. It's been a while since I've been here, my eyes tracing over the different bodies mixing together on the dance floor, looking through the viewfinder of my camera, searching for the perfect-

Click

Finally with Harry and Zayn going into his office to talk about something business-y, I don't feel pressured or watched so I'm not so distracted.

I take another photo; two girls with larger than life smiles. One girl has a deep colour of brown, almost black hair in two messy french braids. Her freckles sprinkled generously across her face, deep purple eyeshadow with the sharpest winged eyeliner. Her plump lips decorated with a deep red that's almost purple, glitter catching the neon lights in all the right places.

The other with short blonde hair, dip dyed with a cotton candy pink. Her naturally pink lips shining with a simple gloss, her eyes wearing a soft pink eyeshadow. I couldn't tell if the slight rosiness on the tip of her nose was blush or natural but it was cute. The same glitter as the other girl decorating her face in more set places: cheekbones, eyes and Cupid's bow.

I felt as if I was going to look just behind them and see delicate little wings twinkling.

Each other's hands around their waists, their legs tangled together as they sway their hips in the same motion, laughing like they could never wish to be anywhere else in time but right there.

I'm lost in my thoughts, admiring the girls when I feel two hands snake around my waist and a warmth breath invade my neck. I let out a small squeal as I jump and drop my camera, luckily having the strap around my neck to catch it.

"Just me love" I hear the familiar deep voice rasp into my ear. I smile and lean into his touch as his lips gently press to my neck. He turns me around to face him and I smile up at him.

"Hello," I boop his nose, he scrunches it and shakes his head a little. "What was that? Don't do that ever again" he replies, making me laugh. He doesn't even realise how soft and cute he is.

I'll definitely be doing that again.

"Where's Zayn?" I question, deciding to rest my chin on his chest as I look up at him. Tall ass tree. "How's the photos going?" He avoids my question. That's a bit strange.

"Where's Zayn?" I step back and repeat myself. "How's the photos going?" He repeats himself just like I did.

Why is he being so secretive?

I repeat myself a third time. "Where. Is. Zayn?" Of course, he avoids the question once again by simply ripping the camera from around my neck, snapping the strap and starting to look through the photographs I've taken.

"HARRY" I snatch the camera back. A few people start to look over but not enough for it to officially be a scene. He grabs my wrist and pulls me away from the small amount of attention we had begin to receive, dragging me all the way to his office. Once he closes the office door, I pull my wrist away when he loosens his grip slightly.

"I don't like scenes, don't cause scenes." He states in a very matter-of-fact tone. "Well I don't like people dodging my questions, especially ones revolving around people I don't trust." I cross my arms and furrow my brows at him. He just laughs slightly, "Whatever princess".

"Why are you being such an annoying prick?" I huff at him. He really is in a winding up mood apparently. Either that or he's up to something. "Don't talk to me like that." I felt as if his eyes darkened a shade but it's probably just the dim lighting of his office. I roll my eyes and don't back away as he steps closer to me. "Or what?" I smirk cockily, knowing I was just provoking him at this point. "Mel, seriously don't, not right now."