Chapter 15 🍒

I scout the room for my options. With there only being one door, I'm fucked.

Maybe it was too early for me to go back to work. Maybe I shouldn't have convinced Harry everything would be fine. Maybe I should've been more aware and taken things more seriously.

This is exactly what runs through my head as I'm trapped in the break room with Wolfe blocking my only exit.

MELANIE'S POV

"You've got nowhere to go, now just leave with me, don't make a scene and I won't have to hurt you" Wolfe states with such a mischievous smirk, but assertive tone. I shake my head. I can't form words, I'm just absolute utter shock. All I was doing was coming in for a snack, now it looks like I won't be going back to work after my break.

"Wrong answer sweetheart" he takes a step towards me so I step back, hitting the table behind me but I press my hands back onto it and don't stumble. "This will all be easier if you just come with me" he holds out his hand. I turn my nose up in utter disgust at him, not only for him trying to take me but at the memory of our first encounter.

When I shake my head again, his expression drops from mischievous to annoyed. He steps forward again, already backed up to the table, I have nowhere to go each of his hands go on the table either side of me. Inches away from my face, he looks me straight in the eye, "I would be a little more obedient if you don't want to get hurt sweetheart" I'm just about ready to cry. Without even thinking, I spit in his face, causing him to step back and let out an irritated noise of disgust, giving me the chance to make a break for the door.

Before I even make it halfway to the door, I feel a strong, aggressive grip around my wrist and I'm pulled back. "You're gonna be sorry for that". I'm about to scream but his hand covers my mouth, "don't you dare" he warns. I could bite his hand?

Ugh, never mind I don't know where he's been.

"If you want to see Samantha again, I suggest you cooperate" he threatens.

Excuse me? Samantha- Sammy? My Sammy? The Sammy who hasn't answered my texts or calls for weeks? He has her? For fuck's sake.

"Y-you have Sammy?" my entire posture drops. "Maybe I do, maybe I just know where she is... you don't want her to get hurt? Shut the fuck up and come with me."

Fucking asshole.

I just nod and stop fighting. I can't be the cause of Sammy getting hurt, I just want to see her again so I cooperate and leave the cafe with Wolfe; I swear I'm gonna lose my job cause of all this shit.

I'm lead to a black car, two bodyguard-like men already in the back. One is holding a blindfold and the other is casually resting his hand on a gun in his waistband.

What. The. Fuck.

I hear Wolfe lean over me from behind and whisper, "The blindfold is so you can't see the way to the location, and that" he points to the gun, "is so you don't get any smart ideas, okay sweetheart?" he smiles nonchalantly. I feel sick to my stomach, particularly at him calling me sweetheart, but I nod and silently climb into the car and sit down. I'm immediately blindfolded and it's only a couple minutes until I feel the car start moving.

The men talk amongst themselves, they're mumbling though and everything they're saying is unclear. I'm only able to catch a few words.

"No we can't kill..."

"...she's bait"