Chapter 14 🍒

I scout the room for my options. With there only being one door, I'm fucked.

Maybe it was too early for me to go back to work. Maybe I shouldn't have convinced Harry everything would be fine. Maybe I should've been more aware and taken things more seriously.

This is exactly what runs through my head as I'm trapped in the break room with Wolfe blocking my only exit.

*2 hours prior*

"Harry come on it's been two weeks since I've been at work - I'm going to lose my job!" I whine for the ten thousandth time. "Baby, it's just not safe for you too, you don't need to work - just quit" his argument staying the same as he taps his pen on his desk.

He unfairly calls me 'baby' because he knows I have a soft spot for when he uses pet names for me, even though we still aren't officially anything. Emphasis on the officially.

"No, no, that's not going to work this time" I say referencing the use of the name. "No that's you" he grins, proud of his joke. "Haha funny, but I'm serious, just let me go back to work - that's it! You or Joe can drop me off, pick me up, whatever you wish, just pleeeease let me go to work again" honestly I never thought I'd be begging to go back to work. I hate to say it, but I do miss it. Well, I don't think I miss work, I think I just miss the independence.

"It's not happening, we have no idea what Zayn or Wolfe are planning" Harry writes next to a few photos of Zayn. I don't know what though. "Louis is coming over today, I need to smack him round the head or something" Harry changes the subject. I'm not having it, I'm putting up a fight today.

"Harry please!" I'm basically begging now. Next step I'll be on my knees, hands together, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes.

Let's face it, he probably would enjoy that thoroughly.

He doesn't answer me this time, he just keeps his head down, working at whatever he's working at. "Please, please, please, pleeeeease" I decide that the annoying tactic is my best bet. I'm not going to drop it until he says yes.

He slams his pen to the table, shutting up my pleas. "Fine! You really think you could handle it if something where to happen? If Zayn were to show up and take you again?" he glares at me. Did I push it? Even though I was taking aback by his raised voice, I managed to keep my cool and stand my ground.

"Yes. Look, you got Zayn pretty bad back at the hotel, I'm sure he's not going to try anything like that, not for a while anyway. Plus I'll be at work, surrounded by people - customers and employees, plus Jemma drives a hard punch, with you there to drop me off and pick me up... please Harry I just want some independence back" I'm hoping my argument is convincing enough. I see his eyes soften and I know I've won.

He sighs. "Just today, we'll see how it goes. We'll see if anything happens today and we'll go from there" Harry has a face thick with worry as he picks up his pen again. "Harry, I'll be fine" I take the pen off him and straddle him, bringing my hand softly to each side of his face. He relaxes completely into my touch. "I just don't want you to get hurt" he says in a much calmer tone now. "You're overreacting Harry, I'll be okay" I smile to let him know I'm sincere.

HARRY'S POV

I sigh again. She just doesn't get it. She doesn't understand the mindset of people in my business, in my world. Her world is so different. That's not a bad thing, but in this case it's not very helpful and makes her very stubborn. She just won't give in. I don't know what I'd do if I let something happen to her again, but I can't resist her.