Chapter 16 🍒

After a short elevator ride, which was still longer than I was comfortable being in an enclosed space with Wolfe for, we reach the top. When the elevator doors open, there's fortunately not another creepy, narrow corridor to walk down. In fact, the doors open straight into a very expensive looking, grand room. The interior all luxuriously black, accented grandly by gold.

"Woah

"Woah." Is all I manage to say as I stand like a fool in the elevator still. Wolfe has already entered the room and turns to look at me with a proud smirk. "You know, the point is to actually walk out of the elevator when you get to your desired floor" he walks towards me and holds out a hand. I snap out of my awe and walk straight passed him, completely disregarding his gesture. He really thinks he can kidnap my best friend, then me and then ask me to help him lead Harry to him, and then have the absolute audacity to offer me a hand out of the elevator? Haha, I'll pass thanks.

I walk around, taking a look and gently brushing my fingers over ridges and edges. "I hate to cut your sight seeing short, but we have work to get to" he states with a slightly sarcastic tone as he gestures to an already opened door. I sigh and walk in to what I assume is his office, which is just as opulent as the first room. It follows the same colour scheme but has much simpler and more modern embellishment.

I sit down on one of the black, leather chairs, crossing my right leg over my left

I sit down on one of the black, leather chairs, crossing my right leg over my left. Wolfe sits on the opposite side of his desk.

"I suppose we should just get started straight away, I mean I want him here today if possible so we have a lot of work to do" he begins talking as if I'm actually interested, he's clearly enjoying himself. When I just stare at him blankly, he gives a slight eyebrow raise, "What?" he questions.

"You know I don't actually want to help you right? Stop enjoying yourself so much." I'm a little more comfortable since he seems to be being much nicer since I agreed to cooperate. "Well would you rather I be a horrible asshole with only negative emotion? Because I can do that sweetheart" his face instantly drops to a much more aggressive expression. Before I can say anything, he smiles again, "I'm pretty sure you would much prefer working with me like this" he winks.